Nordmarka Oslo , very pic heavy ...yarrrrr

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com

Just got back from Oslo Nordmarka , quick and easy flight out of Liverpool to Oslo torp with Ryan air jump on the local T-bane (underground) that gets you here,
001.jpg

Half a K down the trail and set up for the night ,
006.jpg

Bit scruffy but you get the idea ,

007.jpg

Cooked with a small wood burner on this trip worked very well and added to experience ,

009.jpg

015.jpg

As the need for fire outweighs how you get if some what I call “ Magic biscuits” were made up and as a last resort a bit of bike inner tube was also carried ,

http://www.kuenzi.com/tips_e.htm

Next day up early with rain in the air and hit the trail ,

017.jpg

018.jpg

Passed some locals out camping ,

022.jpg

Plus some logging,

025.jpg

027.jpg

Then it rained Forest Gump style ,
028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

Taking cover in the trees,
032.jpg

Twas a bit damp ,
033.jpg

Headed for a local lodge that for some reason reminded me of the banana splits,
044.jpg

Then back to the trail ,Dakar?
042.jpg

The rain started to lift ,,yarr,,
037.jpg

039.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

somebodys old shelter ,
041.jpg

Rain stoped just wet for a bit ,
034.jpg

047.jpg

051.jpg

Couple of local birds ,
052.jpg

The nights set up ,
054.jpg

Firing up the stove with all wet wood got there in the end ,
055.jpg

Next day blue skys ,yarrrrr
061.jpg

058.jpg

Back on the trail,
063.jpg

Brew time ,
064.jpg

Trail time ,
065.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

Anyway late afternoon and Im mincing around a lake looking for a place to set up for the the night a theres some naturists all male sunbathing ,,,,yuk , time to move on no women very odd …

That nights pitch ,
074.jpg

072.jpg

070.jpg

More cooking on wood ,

073.jpg

Next morning after a very lazy start its back on the trail ,
076.jpg

077.jpg

079.jpg

Snaped tree ,
078.jpg

Finished up at this station and headed into Oslo to return to the airport ,
080.jpg

The last night was spent in the woods near the airport no tent up very low key ,,yarr .
082.jpg

083.jpg

The view looking up ,
085.jpg

The Arktis group buy waterproof smock worked a treat well happy with that ,
084.jpg

This was a fantasic and easy to sort out trip ,,go for it you know you want to ….

Twodogs

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I just got back from a week away all excited to see pics Cliff! Wha blo? Will check them out when they're up and running...

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Great pics Cliff.

Some stunning scenery, looks like you picked a great route.

How far in total did you travel?

And can you give us all a break down of kit taken and costs please.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
My pack for this trip is my new shiny lowe alpine salient 70 lts of joy ,
003.jpg

http://s675.photobucket.com/albums/vv120/CLB-Twodogs/Nordmarka 2011/?action=view&current=002.jpg

Something to sleep under my Helsport lavvulight ,
011.jpg

Sleeping on and in , Jerven thermo xl, poncho liner and multimat adventure mat all this folds flat into my pack ,

021.jpg

Wood burner instead of the meths stove below , , Egor .8 litre kettle , kuksa spoon ,windsheld and mora
007.jpg

075.jpg

Food mainly Turmat rations brought on my last trip plus loads of brew kit lunch time snacks will be brought in Norway ,
005.jpg

All the cooking kit and food pack into a PLCE side pouch with all the zips and straps removed to save weight ,
004.jpg

This keeps all the cooking kit and food nice and tight and were I want them right at the top of the pack ,

022.jpg

Water , I use a 4 litre orblieb bag plus a 5 litre orblieb folding bucket thats ideal for collecting water from lakes and streams , water proof pack liner and a lightweight pack cover this I use to cover my bergen when it goes though airline baggage to give it a bit of protection as I only leave the grab handle exposed ,
016.jpg

Bits and bobs ,I carry a small pouch with a insect head net , insect repelant , head torch with fresh battery fitted but one removed in transit and a spare lighter ,
012.jpg

Wash kit ,
small pine tar soap , tooth brush , half a small tube of tooth paste , towel , FOOT POWDER ( this is a must ) pack of tissues and pain killers .
010.jpg

Spare clothes for the return trip ,
as lightweight as possable with an extra bag packed for dirty washing as and when, all packed in another pag to keep it tight .
015.jpg

Bit of warm kit , swanndri shirt , merkat pelt hat and my Arktis waterproof smock that I will be wearing .
019.jpg

Admin and more bits and bobs and tickets , notebook with any local train timings needed ,local map , compass , GPS set to local grid system , UCO micro candle lantern ( Cheers Gordy ) spare candles , piece of cordage for attaching lantern to lavvu pole pair of steiners , sunglasses ,

018.jpg

Cost all in for this trip about £180 ...

Milage not to much about 20k if that .

GO NOW,,,,,,,

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Cliff, yet another epic backpacking trip! Thanks for the breakdown and sharing all the scenery. You don't half do it proper thesedays!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Great post Cliff Looks like you had a good trip. :)

I'm feeling quite sick too as I have just had to cancel 2 weeks Norway :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE