making fire from water

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya folks learnt a new skill today, well for me anyway :) it was something i came across on the tube a couple of days back.

real easy and it works! you need a small piece of clingfilm, fill it with water and tighten into a ball, just move it around untill you get a fine (hot) focus, just like a magnifying glass and train it onto your tinder.

i had a cramp ball in my bag and i tell you what within a couple of minutes it was going great guns :D a bit of film weighs nothing, and everything else is to hand, sorted!

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Tried it, takes some doing but works OK if its all your got.
Anyway....why are you carrying condoms in the woods. Do the Badgers and sheep have to sleep with one eye open, hugging there pillows tight (oops went into a song lyric there somehow :))

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Tried it, takes some doing but works OK if its all your got.
Anyway....why are you carrying condoms in the woods. Do the Badgers and sheep have to sleep with one eye open, hugging there pillows tight (oops went into a song lyric there somehow :))

hahah as stated below... for waterproofing, you cant beat the little buggers for that, they stretch endlessly... you could even put it over your day sack with some persuasion! and they are brilliantly water resistant. we used to use them in the army if we had lost out rifle plugs. you can put them over the barrel to stop anything going down it i.e dust, water, mud etc. and then just fire with it on the end because it will just rip right through it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE