ikea bargain blankets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trotsky

Ikea can be a gold mine especially if you think how you can re-purpose items. I bought what is intended to be a stainless steel trivet for £3, it's made of light stainless tubes and weighs naff all. I popped the feet off of it, took it to the Moot, found some breeze block dumped by the Pirate Ship and used those to put the "trivet" over the fire as a large pot stand when cooking. They also do a kiddie's toy stainless steel cook set that looks perfect for a one person cook set when back packing or similar, you can't go far wrong for the money!

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I've got a bundle of their cheap fleece blankets that have never been out the wrapper stashed in the car just in case of a breakdown or accident. I also have my own large fleece blanket in the living room for bouts of insomnia or catching up on Game of Thrones.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Just don't wash them, the fibres are a bigger problem than plastic microbeads.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustain...opic-oceans-microbeads-microfibers-food-chain

And another link where Patagonia seem to have taken the problem on board:

https://www.outsideonline.com/20918...dy-finds-fleece-jackets-are-serious-pollutant

I've stopped buying fleece products. I don't find the blankets very warm, and the jackets/tops are only good as under layers. I thought I was doing good by buying recycled carrier bags spun out like candy floss, but I wasn't.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Yeah, too true. I gave up wrapping myself in Chinese stainless steel for the same reason. It's another covering I don't find very insulating, and it does stain. My washing machine won't even cope with it. :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE