Homemade moccasin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ashby001

Forager
May 24, 2013
Faversham
Almost finished my first set, I used old leather settee samples (same as my knife sheath)
I wore them outside whilst having a cheeky ciggy and they held up to the rain and puddles :D

as you can see I've got a bit left to do i.e. slightly thicker leather sole, lambswool insole, and some padding in the back as they are slightly to big and possibly may turn them into boots but may leave them as indoor/camp slippers instead :D

ashby001

Forager
May 24, 2013
Faversham
Thank you and I will do :)
although looking now the stitching I have done is in a really stupid way but it doesn't affect me to much so I'll leave it but I plan on making a few more to get some practice in before I start to use posher, paid for leather :lmao:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's great - I've tried shoes/moccs. a few times but can't get my head 'round the pattern making.......well done...........atb mac

ashby001

Forager
May 24, 2013
Faversham
Finally finished them today :D
Put a thicker leather sole on

Stitched in on (by machine not hand)

Finally added a tongue and put in my new insoles (synthetic wool unfortunately :()

They are really comfy but a little slippery at the moment but once the leather has roughed up they'll be ok :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE