Free paracord !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Thanks for the heads up, good old Endy's.

If you haven't used them before they're a great firm, always a pleasure to deal with. (no affiliation etc. just a very happy customer)

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
They keep mentioning that their paracord has 8 strands. But genuine 550 paracord has always been made with 7 strands.
Is the extra strand a bonus? Or is it cheap chord that they had to put 8 strands in because it's weaker?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Cargo 'chutes? using stronger cord?. There'll be a good reason for it, Endicotts don't go in for blagging and funny stuff....................

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
They keep mentioning that their paracord has 8 strands. But genuine 550 paracord has always been made with 7 strands.
Is the extra strand a bonus? Or is it cheap chord that they had to put 8 strands in because it's weaker?

When I last saw Kev (and BOUGHT some of the paracord) I think that he told me it was cut from the 'chutes they sell.... top quality cord whatever!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Aye - I bit too!
I have also ordered a bunch of Swedish folding cups for Bushcraft courses I will be running... bargain prices!
I checked about the cord and it is from Irvine 28 panel personnel chutes :) You ain't getting more genuine than that!

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Just rung up and wanted to buy a second hank, told me to ring back, so I did and got a second one free too!
Wanted it for my tarp as continuous ridgeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Well I posted here at 1252 hrs yesterday just shortly after calling Endys.

The order arrived today when I was at work

I'd guess about lunch time so that makes it a 24 hr turnaround from order to delivery. Not bad.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Mine arrived today as well, considering it's a freebie, it's an incredible service. Thanks Endy's.

muracada

Jan 1, 2014
Devon
Thanks for the heads up. Answered the challenge yesterday at 1315, got it right!:) and my prize was waiting for me when I returned from work at 1700 today. Endys now have a new, albeit "virgin" customer, as soon as I have some dosh to spend:). Fantastic !!Now, what to buy?..Hmmm... shiney?...spork?....shiney spork? Decisions, decisions.....

Nice deal, thanks for sharing!

From Wikipedia's page:

Type Minimum strength Minimum elongation Minimum length per pound Core yarns Sheath structure

III 550 lb (249 kg) 30% 225 ft (69 m; max. 6.61 g/m) 7 to 9 32/1 or 36/1

Sorry about the formatting, if you can read it ok, great...if you can't, it describes 550 paracord as having between 7 to 9 core strands, so no need to worry if it's legit or not, most likely just means a different military supplier - hope this helps! :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

:lol:

7,8,9...you ever tried to load it to breaking point? I tied a bit of no-name cord to a low branch of an Oak we were felling and attached a cut branch to the bottom (not too far off the ground ;)). Then two of us sat on it, full weight, feet off the ground. It's stronger than you'll ever need it to be. Couldn't even untie the top knot, couldn't even see it because it had sunk through the bark to the wood.

Oh, and Endicotts are excellent. Kev talked me through the different grades of Dutch Army blankets for ages when I'm sure he had better things to do. I chose grade A large for car camping and it's like a huuuge rectangle of packed felt. Spot on :)

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
CEASE AND DISIST from all trade with that Kev!
The bounder sent me my order of 10 folding Swedish Mugs (and two hanks of free paracord) and it got to me in near record time and the kit looks more "unissued" than "grade one"
BUT
The rotten so and so put a PINK cardboard star in each mug, each with a little slogan on it such as "we love Mr Pink" and "Stay in the Pink"

Just noticed - one of them says "Sorry" so I guess you can keep trading with what I hold to be the best and most reliable Army Surplus store in the country!

No affiliation or anything - I just like their whole style, ethos and trading standards! Obviously they keep their finger on the pulse of this site as well!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE