1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

folks not seeing my pictures?

Discussion in 'How do I?' started by Dave Budd, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Dave Budd

Dave Budd Gold Trader
    Staff Member

I've just posted some pictures of a selection of blades for sale and apparently some people can't see the images. I've noticed this with several threads that I've put pictures in. Any idea what's stopping some from seeing my pictures?

dave

2. Tony

Tony White bear (Admin)
    Admin

Nope :D Can you post some in here so we can test it? I'll have a look at your other threads as well...

3. Tony

Tony White bear (Admin)
    Admin

I've just had a look and edited some of your pics, not sure if that will make a difference, when you upload them Dave do you double check them and set them to say the left, the size etc? I'd not have a link with the picture and you should be able to turn that off as well.

I've adjusted the pics in this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127035&p=1585029#post1585029
    and we'll see if they can be seen better. I've had no problem seeing all of your pictures and can't replicate not seeing them on any of the browsers i'm running so this is guess work...

4. nunzionuk

nunzionuk Full Member

Hi Tony,

When I view the images on the page I get this message.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33321&d=1415968299

nunzionuk, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If your email is out of date you will not be able to access www.bushcraftuk.com and you will need to contact admin through the contact link. For more information please see this Thread
    2. We are working on areas of bushcraft uk and so you might not have access to this area at this time. Full Members of bushcraft uk (via subscription) should have access to all articles and reviews, if you do not please contact us via the contact link.
    3. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation, please contact us if you need help activating your account.
    HTH.

5. Kerne

Kerne Maker

Do you use Imageshack to host you images? My images from them have been very temperamental of late so I switched to Photobox.

6. slowworm

slowworm Settler

I have the same problem, even when logged in. It seems full members can see Mr Budds pics but not non-members.

Edit to add, I can see them in some places in the forum but not in Dave's Trading Post section.

#6 slowworm, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  7. Tony

Tony White bear (Admin)
    Admin

how about now?

8. slowworm

slowworm Settler

That works for me now Tony, thank you. I can now see what Mr Budd was talking about in his man cave exploits. :lmao:

9. nunzionuk

nunzionuk Full Member

looking ok for me too :D

10. Dave Budd

Dave Budd Gold Trader
    Staff Member

thanks Tony :)

I get tired with the faff of uploading and then copying codes from photobucket, so I use the upload from computer facility. maybe that is the reason?

My pictures are resized on my computer to 800 thingies wide and saved as jpegs. Then I click the 'insert image' icon, then 'from computer', then 'choose file'; from there I find the image and click that, followed by 'upload image' and then it appears in my thread (well, to me!)

FB3.jpg there should now be a picture of a kitchen knife in here uploaded the same way :)

11. John Fenna

John Fenna Lifetime Member & Maker

Nice kitchen knife - I would not let my wife use that though - she likes glass cutting boards....

12. slowworm

slowworm Settler

Actually, looking a bit closer, I can now see small thumbnail pictures in the threads (200px × 128px), but when I click on one to see a full size 800px I still get the log-in message even though I am logged in.

13. david1

david1 Nomad

I can not see pictures from that link, I get message saying I dont have permission :-(

14. david1

david1 Nomad

but I can see pictures in this link :)