folks not seeing my pictures?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I've just posted some pictures of a selection of blades for sale and apparently some people can't see the images. I've noticed this with several threads that I've put pictures in. Any idea what's stopping some from seeing my pictures?

dave

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've just had a look and edited some of your pics, not sure if that will make a difference, when you upload them Dave do you double check them and set them to say the left, the size etc? I'd not have a link with the picture and you should be able to turn that off as well.

I've adjusted the pics in this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127035&p=1585029#post1585029
and we'll see if they can be seen better. I've had no problem seeing all of your pictures and can't replicate not seeing them on any of the browsers i'm running so this is guess work...

nunzionuk

Hi Tony,

When I view the images on the page I get this message.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33321&d=1415968299

nunzionuk, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If your email is out of date you will not be able to access www.bushcraftuk.com and you will need to contact admin through the contact link. For more information please see this Thread
  2. We are working on areas of bushcraft uk and so you might not have access to this area at this time. Full Members of bushcraft uk (via subscription) should have access to all articles and reviews, if you do not please contact us via the contact link.
  3. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation, please contact us if you need help activating your account.
HTH.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I have the same problem, even when logged in. It seems full members can see Mr Budds pics but not non-members.

Edit to add, I can see them in some places in the forum but not in Dave's Trading Post section.

Last edited:

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
That works for me now Tony, thank you. I can now see what Mr Budd was talking about in his man cave exploits. :lmao:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
thanks Tony :)

I get tired with the faff of uploading and then copying codes from photobucket, so I use the upload from computer facility. maybe that is the reason?

My pictures are resized on my computer to 800 thingies wide and saved as jpegs. Then I click the 'insert image' icon, then 'from computer', then 'choose file'; from there I find the image and click that, followed by 'upload image' and then it appears in my thread (well, to me!)

FB3.jpg there should now be a picture of a kitchen knife in here uploaded the same way :)

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
That works for me now Tony, thank you. I can now see what Mr Budd was talking about in his man cave exploits. :lmao:

Actually, looking a bit closer, I can now see small thumbnail pictures in the threads (200px × 128px), but when I click on one to see a full size 800px I still get the log-in message even though I am logged in.

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
Hi Tony,

When I view the images on the page I get this message.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33321&d=1415968299

nunzionuk, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If your email is out of date you will not be able to access www.bushcraftuk.com and you will need to contact admin through the contact link. For more information please see this Thread
  2. We are working on areas of bushcraft uk and so you might not have access to this area at this time. Full Members of bushcraft uk (via subscription) should have access to all articles and reviews, if you do not please contact us via the contact link.
  3. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation, please contact us if you need help activating your account.
HTH.

I can not see pictures from that link, I get message saying I dont have permission :-(

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
I've just had a look and edited some of your pics, not sure if that will make a difference, when you upload them Dave do you double check them and set them to say the left, the size etc? I'd not have a link with the picture and you should be able to turn that off as well.

I've adjusted the pics in this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127035&p=1585029#post1585029
and we'll see if they can be seen better. I've had no problem seeing all of your pictures and can't replicate not seeing them on any of the browsers i'm running so this is guess work...

but I can see pictures in this link :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE