Fishing and Hunting in Scandinavia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I have already put a link for this TV series under 'Bushcraft Media' but after watchig the first six episodes thought I should mention it here too, this guy appears to be feeding himself of the land for a year and judging by the size and quantity of the fish he's catching he'll never go hungry.

"The very popular series called “Nordkalotten 365″ has been aired on traditional TV in Norway and is now made available for download. In this series the experienced hiker Lars Monsen has traveled alone through the north of Scandinavia for one year. The first episode is already published and the next episodes will be made available as they are encoded."

Some info here...

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/29...roadcaste.html

and a list of feeds here...

http://nrkbeta.no/norwegian-broadcasting-nrk-makes-popular-series-available-drm-free-via-bittorrent/

or

http://www.nrk.no/nordkalotten365/

Mar 30, 2007
Nyack, NY
I'm downloading the first episode thru bittorrent as i write this. The Ray Mears episodes in which he spends time in Sweden are among my faves, so I'll probably love this. The Scandinavian variety of bushcraft is of great interest to me - I'll post comments.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I'm downloading the first episode thru bittorrent as i write this. The Ray Mears episodes in which he spends time in Sweden are among my faves, so I'll probably love this. The Scandinavian variety of bushcraft is of great interest to me - I'll post comments.

I have watched all eight episodes and enjoyed them thoroughly, despite not speaking a word of Norwegian.

The episodes do not concentrate on the Bushcraft element as much as I thought they might, he does fish (with great success) in each episode and there is some hunting, with that said there probably aren't any skills here that people will not already have seen demonstrated on the Scandinavian and Canadian RM episodes. However these are HD video files, the picture quality is superb and it's worth watching the programs just for the scenery.

Some of the episodes have have him joining up with the locals in an activity of some sort, so one episode has him joining a dog sled marathon, another has him assisting in a reindeer drive.

Probably one the most enjoyable elements of the series is his dog, which to my untrained eye looks like a cross between a border collie, a husky and a wolf, It looks like the smartest and happiest dog in the world...

...and I want one :)

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Here as well, this Lars guy is the quintessential 'no frills' bushcrafter. I like the way he's doing the real stuf instead of all the fuzzy i-am-so-terribly-in-tune-with-nature-and-ancient- native-cultures things we see in other programs.

When I'm depressed by yet another traffic jam these programs cheer me up!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE