Any one in the Dorset area?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Hi all

This one has probably been done before , if so, forgive me .

Who is local to me, I live in Weymouth, I know its not the best place for bushcrafty things but lovely views and great days out.

Maybe a good chance for a gathering in the area eh....

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I live in dorset too , about 12 miles from weymouth . Definately up for a meet this close to home .
Pumbaa

ganstey

Settler
Somewhere around Blandford Forum seems pretty central, but I don't know that area at all well. Are any of you going to the Cranbourne Chase Wood Fair at Tollard Royal in a few weeks? I've got quite a lot I need to do whilst I'm there (researching woodland crafts mainly), but would be happy to meet up with others for a brew at some point.

G

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
The wood fair seems like a good possibility - SWMBO owes me an outing or two.

Failing that, for bimbles in public-access woods, I can suggest Ringwood Forest, the woods to the north of Sixpenny Handley (i.e. just round the corner for me) the woods to the north of Martin Down or the New Forest - unless you can suggest any favourites?

FGYT has been having some thoughts too, but I think he's off camping somewhere just now.

ganstey

Settler
The wood fair seems like a good possibility - SWMBO owes me an outing or two.

Let me know if you (or anyone else on here) is going and we'll sort out how to meet up.

Failing that, for bimbles in public-access woods, I can suggest Ringwood Forest, the woods to the north of Sixpenny Handley (i.e. just round the corner for me) the woods to the north of Martin Down or the New Forest - unless you can suggest any favourites?

FGYT has been having some thoughts too, but I think he's off camping somewhere just now.

The further north (of Dorset) the better for me at the moment, as my time will be limited. But I'm definitely up for a bimble somewhere.

G

Are any of you going to the Cranbourne Chase Wood Fair at Tollard Royal in a few weeks? I've got quite a lot I need to do whilst I'm there (researching woodland crafts mainly), but would be happy to meet up with others for a brew at some point.

G

found that the other day from the blurb Dave Budd is demonstrating there

i definatly want to go (always have a brew kit handy ;) )

a bimble in public access woods is easiest for a Chat and a brew etc

Working on finding a land owner who will let you play in the woods is a bit more difficult even in exchnage for a little help round the place etc

ATB

Duncan

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Was just going to post that when I did my traingin excavation many years ago, I stayed in Six Penny. I had the best birthday party I'd ever had there courtesy of the Roe Buck's landlord :D

As FGYT says, I'm going to be at the Woodfair with my Iron Age forge and sharpening demos. Oh and a table of sharps of course :D (that reminds me, I must return the booking form :rolleyes: :lol: )

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
and a 'kin big Dog :D :lmao:

what d'ya mean big? He's only a puppy! :D ok now 17 months old and nearly 30" to the shoulder :lmao:

saxenposenet.jpg

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
Ok chaps - if we're going to meet at the Woodfair which day should we make it, Saturday or Sunday? I can do both, but am off to Aldershot on Saturday evening to see Mearsy on his current tour.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE