Glow sticks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK
Like others have said, try Cylume Chemlights, 8 or 12 hr type. It's not like a flashlight or a flare, but it's plenty good for what it is - a marker, usually. Have had them work (dimmer, but still light good enough to read by) the second night too, and I keep a couple in the car and in my rucksack in case I get stuck out. They can also be used in lieu of a lamp in camp at night, no need to waste your torch batteries or cart around a gas lantern then. Not tried the 5 or 30 min type, but I'm not sure what sort of use they are aimed at?

I've also seen the mini glowsticks, about an inch or two long. Experimented with cracking one and leaving it inside my mapcase for an illuminated mapsheet set up, but it didn't really put out enough light. Have seen them used on fishing lures at depth by others though, with not disappointing results.

I didn't realise Krill lights were still available in the UK, where did you find one? I know SOF used to have them in but looked the other week and couldn't find a thing.

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK
Cheers, will have to have a shufty on there then. I had wondered what the 'break even point' for cracking Cylumes as a reading light and to admin myself by Vs just getting one of these was!

Google came up with this handy PDF of what the manufacturer makes: http://www.trojangroupuk.com/pdfs/Krill_Lamps/Trojan_Krill_Lightsticks.pdf , but the site that came from doesn't seem to stock them anymore.

My other thought was these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Energizer-Eveready-LED-Glow-Stick/15571832
2x for £5 in Halfords, I believe. Disturbingly phallic looking, but the price is right.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Poundland used to do the camping range ones, which were 12 hours and pretty good value. They have some Halloween Value glowsticks, but I havn't bothered to find out if their the same thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE