For any western fans.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not seen a western in the cinema since True Grit. The re-make last year. As someone who has seen the John Wayne version many times I was kind of left blank. I really couldn't work out if it was good or not. Sounds daft but it was an entertaining film and actually rather good, just so far behind the original IMHO that I just couldn't decide if I really enjoyed it.

I like westerns but somehow feel the genre has died and it is very rare indeed that anyone makes them anywhere close to the old greats. Might be unfair but how many truly good westerns can you remember in the last 10 years? I liked a few but not a classic by long way. I just hope that this is going to be good or it will put me off them more than ever as a genre.

Thanks for posting the trailer Bushwhacker I will have to watch it later when I get the chance (at work and too many people around).

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I love a good western and even enjoy watching bad ones. I'll be watching this one for sure, thanks for the heads up...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not seen a western in the cinema since True Grit. The re-make last year. As someone who has seen the John Wayne version many times I was kind of left blank. I really couldn't work out if it was good or not. Sounds daft but it was an entertaining film and actually rather good, just so far behind the original IMHO that I just couldn't decide if I really enjoyed it.

I like westerns but somehow feel the genre has died and it is very rare indeed that anyone makes them anywhere close to the old greats. Might be unfair but how many truly good westerns can you remember in the last 10 years? I liked a few but not a classic by long way. I just hope that this is going to be good or it will put me off them more than ever as a genre.

Thanks for posting the trailer Bushwhacker I will have to watch it later when I get the chance (at work and too many people around).

+1on this. I miss the old ones.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I don't know if it will be available here yet but it's coming out on blue ray and dvd in the US next month. My friend plays the part of the brothel owner so I shall try and get a copy from him and do a pass around or something.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I don't know if it will be available here yet but it's coming out on blue ray and dvd in the US next month. My friend plays the part of the brothel owner so I shall try and get a copy from him and do a pass around or something.

US DVDs won't be formatted for play on UK DVD players.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
There's a western sci fi coming out soon called "Cowboys and Aliens" with Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford I hear.

Liam

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)

Personally I've enjoyed quite a few of the newer ones even more than the old ones. IMHO "Unforgiven" is the greatest Western I've seen. Other ones of note were Dances with Wolves, Lonesome Dove and Tombstone.

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe

(Dont mean to Hijack this thread But..)
Er maybe you didnt realise.. you can unlock the region code on loads of dvd players by using the engineers settings (a hidden menu activated by use of the remote) . Many can be found at dvdreviewer.co.uk under the "region hack"
I purchased a region 1 dvd (meant for the US) without realising (we are region 2) then did alot of searching so I could watch it. mines now set to region free.

Last edited:

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Confussed... I have just posted using quote feature and my post is way up there... and the times of reply seem to be all over the place.
I going to copy and paste my reply so it slots in to the bottom where it should be. so it tie's in with Southey's reply.

(Dont mean to Hijack this thread But..)
Er maybe you didnt realise.. you can unlock the region code on loads of dvd players by using the engineers settings (a hidden menu activated by use of the remote) . Many can be found at dvdreviewer.co.uk under the "region hack"
I purchased a region 1 dvd (meant for the US) without realising (we are region 2) then did alot of searching so I could watch it. mines now set to region free.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
and if you haven't Arnold Schwarzenegger is going be in a western now that he's no longer governor of California.....bet you can't wait for that one right :lmao:

He's already been in one back in the late 1970s. He and Kirk Douglas were in a comedy western that was a parody of the Road Runner/Wiley Coyote cartoon. It was called, The Villain.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE