kinver meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
thinking about getting a meet together over at kinver scout camp, probably just before bushmoot. wandering how many of you would be interested beffore i make any arrangements?

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Humpback,

I have PM'd Davey569 but he is not on line at the mo, i visited the site over the weekend and found it to be perfect for bushcraft, but having spoken to the camp leader i was informed that the site is pre-booked from now until this time next year and even if there were space available the old CRB thang rears it's head again. I was told that mid week would not be a problem as there is room but i didn't investigate this any farther. Pity though as the area is brilliant for our craft with a nice mix of woodland and heathland and not too far away from the local village for supplies etc.
Perhaps we need to get BCUK recognised as an organisation so as to let us use these places, maybe even interact with the kids there and show them what bushcraft is about. The whole area around the camp is FC so overnights and fires are out of the question, i feel guilty collecting birch bark from there.
Shame as it is a really nice place.

Andy

headrox_inc

Apr 8, 2008
Birmingham
I'm up for a moot around, there are lots of area's to hide away down kinver be it Kinver edge or the Million which is north east by about a mile or so.

Laters

The Survivalist

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I know the Millions, trouble is with that place is that the last time i went there some guys were doing a shotgun shoot, nice place though and worth investigating further i think.

Another place is Hurcot Wood, there is a place right at the top where someone has camped before, yet again it's an FC site !! Only problem the last time i went there is that it's pretty open and a favourite with dog walkers.

headrox_inc

Apr 8, 2008
Birmingham
Thats the problem is finding a nice area of land that is remote yet accessable for Bushcraft needs, I have plans to explore the Million in a couple of weeks after I come back from holiday. I will report my finding and include grid referances based on OS map 218 i think it is but I have the OS map number written down on my webpage but I'm just its 218. I love exploring and cant wait for my next feild trip.

"Badgers only bite at night"

Mr Crump

Feb 8, 2006
black country
there is another site off the main kinver edge which is run by the woodcraft folk I can make enquiries if you like

but be careful on N T ground fires are prohibited and the wardens come around a fair bit

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
there is another site off the main kinver edge which is run by the woodcraft folk I can make enquiries if you like

but be careful on N T ground fires are prohibited and the wardens come around a fair bit

Steve,

if you can enquire about the site that would be great mate.:cool:

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE