Swedish Army wool jacket , upsize

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Like a lot of folk am a big fan of Swedish army surplus , well made and cheap.:)

Having used the Old skool wool trousers in the arctic i wanted the jacket but lets face it Swedish soldiers in the 1940s wernt my mutant build :D..

Hmmmm Military mart have the jackets in for £10 maybe worth a punt in a upsize ;)

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/swedish-4-pkt-wool-tunic-jacket-m59.html

So here goes I brought three jackets as i want to make a hat and patches on the knees of my trousers .

Look at the dates :D

All washed in woolite and air dried , then get to work ,

Upsized to sixty chest ,

Ended up with four rear pockets ( SASS kit carry style ;) )..

Here you can see where the panel went in plus the arms were re-made with a lot more fabric making them a lot more comfy .

So I used two jackets a some time sitching , £25 with the postage for a wool coat with history that I dont mind been near the flame ,

Well Happy :)

Twodogs

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Nice job that, cleverly done

I'v got two of these jackets. One with chest pockets one without, much prefer the one without

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Sir, that is cool!
you got a good taste, that Swedish vintage stuff is so nice.
gave them new life :)

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I like that Twodogs mate, really very nice. Well played sir, well played indeed. goodjob

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Great bit of work Cliff...

Only wish you could have done a step by step process with pictures so I could see how and what you did to reach the end product

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
ive just aquired a 1958 one ...did yours have a crotch flap and knife pocket above the inner chest ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE