Unknown Swedish Army Rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
At least to me. I haven’t secured full privileges, forgive the lack of photos.
I am pursuing a Swede L35 with a Finnish seller. Meanwhile, at a local garage sale ( boot sale at your home in the US) I grabbed a as new Swedish army rucksack. 20 USD.
It is canvas with metal buckles. The black enameled frame is far simpler. The HUGE main bag has a zipper pouch inside the flap and a second inside. There is no axe loop or means to strap a bag below, but straps for the top.
There are two simple eye and hook plus draw strings to close things up. An extended section can be folded neatly inside, or pulled up to overload an easy 50 L or more.
Only markings inside flap are the three crowns and FVH?

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
At least to me. I haven’t secured full privileges, forgive the lack of photos.
I am pursuing a Swede L35 with a Finnish seller. Meanwhile, at a local garage sale ( boot sale at your home in the US) I grabbed a as new Swedish army rucksack. 20 USD.
It is canvas with metal buckles. The black enameled frame is far simpler. The HUGE main bag has a zipper pouch inside the flap and a second inside. There is no axe loop or means to strap a bag below, but straps for the top.
There are two simple eye and hook plus draw strings to close things up. An extended section can be folded neatly inside, or pulled up to overload an easy 50 L or more.
Only markings inside flap are the three crowns and FVH?
FVH could be ”Flygvapenskolan Halmstad” (airforce training school in Halmstad), formerly ”F 14”.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
FVH could be ”Flygvapenskolan Halmstad” (airforce training school in Halmstad), formerly ”F 14”.
Many thanks! Seller said it was airforce. So many items get labeled commando, Foreign Legion and Grand Duchy of Fenwick I am hesitant to listen when I should.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
No, LK70 have side pockets. I need to upgrade my account and post photos. I’m negotiating a LK35 still
( like I have two backsides. This will take some creative justification)
It’s an interesting pack whatever the history

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Mine is unissued with One paint chip and minor storage stain. It has the usual surplus smell cheap aftershave makers try to replicate.
It’s a neat pack, not perfect like so many items but I can live with it.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I’m not sure you can FIND them!
There were a few sold by a surplus dealer in Lithuania popular on EvilBAY.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Post Script
I’m still sorting my load out on this one. The frame lacks the lower shelf and there isn’t a stock way to strap a sleeping bag on. You could
Strap one on top.
My load at present is a Carinthia MO5 sleeping Compressed and STUFFED in the bottom. My 1.7L
Mors pot with food and a sack with
Wool base layer, knit cap, wool gloves and spare socks follow and a Kufiya and first kit top it off. The generous zippered ( two) interior pockets hold a Bahco Laplander, 32 oz Kleen Kantern , Polish Palatka stakes, Paracord, fire kit.
The upper straps hold a single Polish shelter half and my sheepskin.
The flap just covers everything.
This is with the 70L flap folded in.
I’m still tweeking he carry, but I like it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE