BushMoot 2015 Dates

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey All, the dates for the 2015 BushMoot at Merthyr Mawr are going to be

21st July - 1st August 2015

Full Members please see the Full Member forum for more info about your arrival day

This year worked really well with the 4 days of workshops rather than the traditional 3 so we're going to stick with this format for 2015

It will be broken down like this:

21st - Arrival day & Courses Day
22nd - Camping Day & Courses Day
23rd - Camping Day & Courses Day

24th - Camping Day & Courses Day + Arrival of Core ticket holders
25th - Workshop day
26th - Workshop day
27th - Trader day + Evening Munch and Mingle Meal
28th - Workshop day
29th - Workshop day - departure of Core ticket holders

30th - Camping Day & Courses Day
31st - Camping Day & Courses Day
1st Aug - Wrap up camping, courses etc - Departure by 3pm for all.

Jolyon

Life Member
Feb 1, 2010
wokingham
Hi Tony,

I assume these are confirmed? Only two weeks earlier than normal? Just clashes with WOMAD which i JUST bloody bought!!! grrrrr

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Am I right that with the start day being the 21st, which is a Tuesday, we get a day less this year than last year when Full members could arrive from the Monday?

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
For clarity for someone who hasn't made it to the moot yet, what is the difference between the courses days and the workshop days? in terms of what is available on each?

Thanks

Julia

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
For clarity for someone who hasn't made it to the moot yet, what is the difference between the courses days and the workshop days? in terms of what is available on each?

Thanks

Julia

Hi Julia,
The "Course" days are separate courses run at the same location for the time period that we have access to the site, they are booked and paid for separately to the Moot itself. Past Courses have included "Leather Working" and "Green Woodworking", they are 2 or 3 days concentrating on the one subject.

The "Workshop" days are part and parcel of the Moot as an event and largely take up the morning or afternoon sessions in a much busier time-table. Most workshops are free to attend and can be repeated if they are over-subscribed, they are akin to a "Skill Share" where an instructor from a morning workshop might be a student for the afternoon. "Workshops" are generally a wider range of subjects including "Foraging Walks", "Fire Lighting", "Carving" and "Tarpology".

You are free to attend as many of the workshops as you can fit in and time is often available for "One-to-one" tuition or alternatively just relax and socialize with friends old and new.

Hope this helps

Ogri the trog

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Very torn this year, whilst the dates don't make the blindest difference to me, I've just quit my job to go contracting. So cost is likely to be a little on the high side when I add in loss of earnings! Perhaps I'll just come for core days.... :( I'll have a think!

If we can get a satellite link installed and a genny I can probably "Work From Hammock"

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
If we can get a satellite link installed and a genny I can probably "Work From Hammock"

I'll get to work on it Tim. :rolleyes: I think the sat link should be easy enough but I'm not so sure about the female donkey.

I've been mulling over the idea of contracting too now I have started casting my own bullets.

I picked up a £170 Garitson gas converter for £8 at the car boot the other day, excellent condition and ready to power my Honda GX160. You may be in luck.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I'll get to work on it Tim. :rolleyes: I think the sat link should be easy enough but I'm not so sure about the female donkey.

I've been mulling over the idea of contracting too now I have started casting my own bullets.

I picked up a £170 Garitson gas converter for £8 at the car boot the other day, excellent condition and ready to power my Honda GX160. You may be in luck.

Excellent stuff. I was thinking I could stick a couple of big solar panels up on the caravan and bring that for a real wusses camping holiday. But I prefer my hammock tbh. Mind you it is Wales so sunny days aren't something you can rely on!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Got a new job contracting (as expecting, I only started looking this week!), so looks like I'll be working 7 days a week. More money to spend at the moot. We'll see how stressed I am closer to the moot as to how many days I'll be staying. Just need to book a ticket to make it permanent.

Cade

Life Member
Apr 27, 2012
Bristol
hiya

any news on when the tickets will be on sale? want to get in early before my house completes..........

Cade

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hi can I ask as a rank beginner is it possible just to turn up for a day what kind of thing will be there for me to see?

Dave
It is possible, but not very likely - once you get there, you'll want to stay!

The program changes daily with workshops and demonstrations going on for most of the day - then the social element kicks in for the evening. You have heard about "The Naughty Corner" haven't you?

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE