frying pans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
anyone know where I can get steel/lighter iron deep sided fryingpan that can be useon an open fire.

I do not really want heavy cast iron as we got a halogen hob at home - to clumsy & affraid of droping it on the glass top.

Cheers

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I'm guessing you need a flat bottom for a halogen hob? I don't own one myself.

I've a pan that looks like a wok with a flat bottom - I think they call it a chef's pan, or similar. It's analon (sp?), so might be good on both the hob and fire.

retrohiker

Jul 2, 2005
Ohio, USA
I've been waiting for the right time to pick up one of these. I've included the link but the site is currently down for maintenance. You can get an idea from the home page though. I think they're a little pricey but they can double as a backpacking dutch oven. Not much you can't make with one of these in the backcountry and they last forever. You can also see them at the NOLS site. They're made of anodized aluminum and come in a couple of sizes.

www.frybake.com
https://secure1.nols.edu/xcart/home.php?cat=258

Look up a local Catering Equip supplier, and go to them and get a "Mermaid Black Iron" mild steel frypan. they come in a huge varity of sizes, and are really cheap. They are flat bottomed, have either a steel side handle, or even double handles, and with use, will become non stick as carbon builds up. the handles are rivited on, so they won't come off. They are pretty bomb proof, and will cost just a few pounds.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE