Weather to come.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
My understanding is that flying reindeer may have resulted from ingesting reindeer pee and THOSE reindeer can do anything in any dimension or timescale.

Edited to add OP relevance - Is quite sunny today :)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I found santa!!
He was driving one of those farm 4x4 truck things. Rudolf was on top of the cab, and he was followed by two rather large elves in another vehicle.
Seriously, must have been some wind yesterday!!
I realy did see this at 3pm today as I walked to my friends house.
Wish I'd had the presence of mind to take a photo, but I was in incredulous fits of laughter thinking about posting this and how nobody would believe me, and they drove by too quickly for me to get it together.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I found santa!!
He was driving one of those farm 4x4 truck things. Rudolf was on top of the cab, and he was followed by two rather large elves in another vehicle.
Seriously, must have been some wind yesterday!!
I realy did see this at 3pm today as I walked to my friends house.
Wish I'd had the presence of mind to take a photo, but I was in incredulous fits of laughter thinking about posting this and how nobody would believe me, and they drove by too quickly for me to get it together.

Glad to hear Santa managed to acquire some wheels since I last saw him!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Windy as heck, and wet wet wet today.
Been so overcast, it's been dusk in the house, and I've needed lights all day.
It's too warm for this time of year.
I had hoped for some snow this year, so that I could try out my home made pulk that I finaly finished a few weeks ago. I knew that would mean no snow. Sods law.
More rain forcast for later today, and overnight.
Fed up with the weather, not able to get on with garden tasks as the ski slope garden is too slippy, and can't even get to the bird feeders to refill them.
Fed up, fed up, Fed up!

I hate winter time!
Roll on spring!

• Sad
Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've pretty much slept the day away. It's so dark and gloomy. Heavy rain virtually all day long too. Windy, but (touch wood) not damaging windy, as well.
Really, really dreich.

Think I'm going to go hibernate some more :)

M

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've pretty much slept the day away. It's so dark and gloomy. Heavy rain virtually all day long too. Windy, but (touch wood) not damaging windy, as well.
Really, really dreich.

Think I'm going to go hibernate some more :)

M
I've basically hibernated since Xmas eve.
Haven't even been tempted to get dressed, or go outside for a walk.
I am in need of milk, less than a pint left, so will have to buck myself up, and go out tomorrow at some point.
I've prepped loads of fleece for carding, over the last few days, but I'm getting a bit bored of that now.
I guess i should try and walk off the three boxes of chocolate truffles I've scoffed! (What a pig!)
I'm hoping tomorrow will be dryer, I hate the wet, but I don't mind the wind, I love the way it feels so bracing.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Nasty wall of water heading for the west country, and a good part of the rest of the country too.
We are already pretty soggy, I'm fearing some serious flooding around the country.
Take care all, and make sure that you are prepared for being flooded, cut off by floods, or power outages.
Hopefully we'll be fine, but best to be prepared, and not need, than to not be, and need.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We woke up to hard frost, -2 and a bit C. Then it snowed.
The cloud cover warmed everything up a bit, so the snow melted, now it's raining.

If this lot freezes, it's going to be miserable.

Stay safe folks.

M

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
We woke up to hard frost, -2 and a bit C. Then it snowed.
The cloud cover warmed everything up a bit, so the snow melted, now it's raining.

If this lot freezes, it's going to be miserable.

Stay safe folks.

M

Yep, it's pretty dire weather a commin in.
The project where I go most Fridays has huge bumps come up in the field, and when you stand on them, they are all wobbly, and you can hear the water sloshing around inside.!
My friend who lives out on the levels, needs his rowboat to fetch supplies from the nearest town.
Somerset is very wet already,
I knew I should have made a boat rather than a pulk!!!!!!
I joked earlier in the winter about needing an ark, I don't think we are too far off needing one. It's not funny anymore.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
At the cottage just now -20C for tonight -30C, sunny, frost and snow all over the trees. Yesterday went skiing, actually even the fluffy carried the skiis.

I am seriously contemplating either migration to south or hibernating.

• Wow

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
At the cottage just now -20C for tonight -30C, sunny, frost and snow all over the trees. Yesterday went skiing, actually even the fluffy carried the skiis.

I am seriously contemplating either migration to south or hibernating.

I hope it's a warm safe night :)

Oh, I'd be hibernating.....with occasional jaunts outside to do some moving around just to enjoy the reality of that cold.

It's a hard dry cold though; we don't get that often or for long.
Our cold is wet and I think, honestly, that's worse.
You can wrap up for the cold, insulate, keep a warm room, but when it's wet and just on that cusp of too cold, that's hard, and damp breeds mould, and that's horrible.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Right now we have sunshine :D It's cold, but not perishing cold, and it's calm and still.
The birds, well the Robin, is singing cheerfully :)
So, all in all, a lovely start to the new year.

My cousin who lives down in Hampshire says they can already see the evenings stretching out, and I admit that even up here I can see the days lengthening again, and it's just that edge of brighter :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
We've had a lot of rain recently. That overwhelms the drain outside our garage and washes silt and gravel into the sump and u bend off the drain. Result it overflows and eventually flows into the garage. If it truly rains did 2 weeks or more we get groundwater bubbling up within the garage. It's not been that bad since October.

Anyway, on a cold by uk standards, wet day I'm in a t-shirt with my arm down a drain nearly to my armpit scooping out grit. Then I'm using a small, kids sandpit bucket to scoop water out and a stiff brush to force water away from the garage. I end up with a very cold drain arm covered in mud, grit and leaf mulch and 20 minutes respite before I'm back out there. I just give up after a few attempts or get lucky with the rain stopping.

It's looking better here today. I think we might sell up this year. Just need somewhere to hide the sandbags I thinking of getting. Where is it best to get sandbags?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE