Weather to come.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Today has been wet. It has been very wet, even for us it's wet.
It's supposed to be more of the same for the next few days, but Sean Batty, the STV weatherman, says we're maybe in for a dry clear cold spell by the end of next week.....first snow perhaps too.
news.stv.tv

First snow of the season could be on the way as temperatures dip

STV meteorologist Sean Batty has stuck his neck on the line with a snowy prediction for this week.
news.stv.tv
news.stv.tv

I don't know whether I'm looking forward to it or not. I'd quite like it not to be so sodden wet so I can finish stuff in the garden, but I'm not ready for a hard cold just yet either.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Sometimes it's great going for a walk in the rain.
It can be really enjoyable and relaxing sitting beneath a tarp with a mug of something hot and wet, listening to the rain patter against the tarp.
But sometimes, when it's been raining for weeks and everything is stodgy underfoot, and it's cold as well, it becomes a bit of a pain.
I think I'd too would happily take a break from the rain and a few crisp and frosty days of bright blue sky would be just fine.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Being outdoors in the cold, wrapped up warm and with a hot cup of coffee is wonderful. I also love eating hot food (like a bag of chips, or a Bratwurst at the Christmas market) whilst walking outdoors in the cold, too. It just somehow makes it all even better.

The wet, swampy rain and cold does definitely wear me down though. Blue skies and crisp mornings, please!

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Not had bratwurst in ages.
God I love them. Especially, as you say, from a Christmas market.
I've got the day off this Friday so I think a walk is in order and I'll buy some bratwurst from the supermarket, and crusty roll, and a handful of condiment sachets liberated from the staff canteen, and cook myself up a magnificent sausagey feast whilst out.
I can taste it now.
I bet it bloody rains though.

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Down here I feel like I spend eleven months of the year slogging through mud in waterproofs. In the winter it's not so bad because at least you want to be wearing a jacket, but in the summer? Pah. The old man says it's a good place to be because the temperature stays away from extremes, which is all very well but I'm built to a spec designed for sitting on ice floes and eating penguins. Probably chocolate ones. Wherefore art my chance to wear thick wooly jumpers in front of roaring fires? Don't envy you snow particularly, Toddy, but dry and cold sings to me a siren song.

Reactions: Toddy

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Boy, us in the south west are under yet ANOTHER yellow warning for rain and possible flooding. :(
Can somebody please send me more wellies, towels, an umbrella, and an ark. :)

Last edited:
  • Wow

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Mud is the bain of my life. Clients lose tools and everywhere becomes a quagmire.

Here the main route out of town to the North is currently closed due to flooding. Tescos has been underwater for weeks. It is due to rain heavily again tomorrow so we are unlikely to see more roads open.

• Wow

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
We've had a bit of sunshine today, but more rain coming after midnight.
We are very soggy down here. Even the canoeists gave the river a miss last weekend as its getting very dangerous.
Someone almost lost their dog ( a yorkie) the other day, letting it go in the river for "a paddle" If it hadn't been still on its lead, the poor little thing would have been swept away and gone in seconds. She was lucky it was wearing a harness, rather than just a collar, or it would have been washed away.
Some people!!!
Pattree, hurry up with that ark please, i may need it by friday!!!! :)

Better get a production line going on those arks, sounds like Wayne needs one too. :)

Last edited:
  • Wow

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Sorry Toddy but according to the Met Office UK, though there may be a break in the wet & mild weather on the way, with prehaps a powdering of snow on the hills in N.E. Scotland, it will only be of short duration. The long term forecast, suggests a return to the wet & mild pattern.
Climate change, El Niño & an agitated Jet Stream are responsible. Even in my neck of the woods we've had nothing but wind & rain for the last couple of weeks.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder......

I love rain. Means I can go for a walk without the muggles disturbing me...

Reactions: SaraR and Toddy

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Well I took my geraniums in off the doorstep today and hid them in the shed.
They already took a frosting on the tops but not too serious I hope.
Sometimes they survive the winter, other times not...
Getting a real nippy frosty feeling about it this afternoon though.
I feel a Game of Thrones meme coming on.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Today has been lovely, bright and calm and a balmy 7˚C.
Clouded over late afternoon though.
Ground saturated and a muddy mess anywhere I've been walking about.

I think that's harder; sodden wet and a hard freeze.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
With all this rain and damp, I think I've gone rusty!
My knees are definatly creaking more than a few weeks ago.!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Minus 3 last night. Good old frost everywhere. Still minus now, even though the sun is shining... (sun? I almost forgot what that is, it's been so miserably overcast for weeks.)
Snow has been forcast in the next week or so, so I finaly got the last bits I need to finish the minni pulk I started making a few years ago, (but have never seen snow since!) So I figured if I started on it again, that will stop the snow for a few more years! :) though I'm eager to try out my handiwork.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE