Mild winter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Light snow dusting predicted tonight for parts of exmoor.
It's been only just above freezing all day. So it looks like winter has arrived at last!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We're supposed to be -4˚C tonight. It's hovered just on and below freezing all day. The roofs thawed, but the ponds still have a layer of ice.

Forecast is for snow on the moors mid week though.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
There are snowflakes in the air! Not sure that it will realy come to anything, but there is the lightest dusting on the bike cover. So, fingers crossed for some real snow tonight.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's warmer today at -1 but it feels colder than yesterday when it was -5, maybe i've just got less on.
I miss the 70's and getting lots of snow, here in West wales we've had a couple of good snowfalls over the last 18 years, lots of half day long things and plenty of hoping for more. It's a rarity now that's for sure.

I like the winter though, lovely time of year

• Love
Reactions: Pattree

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Well, that came to nothing last night. If I hadn't have popped my head outside, I'd never have known anything had fallen.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
I can still remember as a boy the winter of '66 in London, if I recall the country came to a standstill.
My father lived in Cromane co Kerry until his death in 2003, he never saw snow there, and only a very light frost every now and then.
I think we are going to have to get used to warmer wetter winters now, due to climate change.
Climate change doesn't exist. We just couldn't find a better word to explain that the seasons have moved over the years due to leap years

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Daffs are up in Wales, it's definitely been a mild winter which is disappointing as I like a cold winter and frosty mornings.

Reactions: Pattree

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE