tarp advice pls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 11, 2006
brecon
just got a dpm basha very nice it is to brand new army issue type
question i have is how long do i make the 4 corner strings ?
aint used one since i was in tha army and that was in a forestry so it was easy.

is ther an established leangth, or should i cut my 15m para cord in 4 and see if that works ?
cheers
ps. im waiting with knife and lighter as we speak :rolleyes:

edit...... just thort of somthing else :- how do i convert my hamock to a metal loop as i hate the tapes it came with, i just cant tie knots with that much rope it seems
cheers again

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi Lyndon...

I got mine from Bearclaw

Basha Cordage – Here by popular demand and ideal for use with Hoochies, Ponchos and Bashas. These cordage sets contain 4 x 4m of 3mm guy lines and 1 x 10m of 7mm ridged line. All you will ever need to erect the perfect shelter. (3mm cordage is also excellent for bow drill thonging if needed and is of a similar construction to 550 paracord)
£10.00​

Woodlore also do the same thing...

Hootchie Guy Lines
Price: £10.00 (inc VAT)
Hootchie guy lines consist of: 4 x 4m thin (2mm) and 1 x 7m thick (5mm) ridgeline olive green cord.​

I like the longer ridge line of 10m but the corners seem to be about perfect.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

- Joe

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
thanks squidders i think ill make mine out of £1.50 worth of para cord and some ghastly blue nylon string for the ridge line, but ill use te dimensions you just posted.
cheers old been

check out my post in lovley grub also maybe you can help :D

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I wasn't pushing you to buy more... just displaying that some very knowledgable people seem to use the same arrangement of cord (give or take).

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
I find fixing a bungee on each eyelet by crimping the hook with pliers works well. The army bungees are a decent length and then if there are no convenient trees just extend the lines with paracord. Whatever length you go for, it's always a good idea to carry spare paracord in case you need more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE