Planning Lightweight Overnight Trail Trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Got an overnight trip planned for this coming weekend....

I've posted other trips and I have been out and about but I haven't written trip reports on here, I just enjoyed the solitude. But.... Since it was my birthday at the start of this month, I was able to purchase some cheap lightweight items to put together a new lightweight packing list!

My planned overnight will include trail walking for about 25km on day one, followed by nearly the same distance on day two, so I don't want to lugging around my usual heavy rucksack. This kit list will become my LW option for trips. Everything here, less the pack and the puffy jacket I already owned. I dont have free money to buy loads of kit and even then, I need everything to be as budget as possible. Hopefully, this kit list will prove that a budget option is as useful as high end gear....

The Rucksack:

The Mountain Warehouse 45 litre LW pack. Found on a budget site for £30.

a3a1b2b8bf3d7cf4e84ce508a81eeb99.jpg

The Gear List:

145354c4ebf5f1b30027708d08aadaae.jpg

1 - food bag, actually a Next clothes bag that has a zip lock closure.
2 - Buff warm hat.
3 - Army surplus thermals for sleeping.
4 - Craghoppers synthetic puffy jacket.
5 - Marmot UL waterproof jacket.
6 - Decathlon foam sit mat.
7 - Decathlon walking pole.
8 - Army surplus 3/4 inflatable mat.
9 - DD 3x3 Tarp & MSR tent footprint.
10 - Cookset, Pathfinder 700ml cup with BS9000? Budget gas stove.
11 - Sawyer mini water filter with flexible 1ltr bottle.
12 - 1 ltr Nalgene bottle.
13 - Eurohike 500 down sleeping bag.

Also, this little admin kit:

f1b740edaeb89a3091daad4a3fb0f9bc.jpg

This contains:

A toothbrush and toothpaste.
A mini charging bank and lead.
Lighter.
Small cuts kit with purification tablets and pain killers.
A head torch.

All in my kit (excluding food and water) is 4.3kg.

I will add the trip report on sunday evening, with a run down on how everything performed.....

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Looking forward to your trip report an as to how you get on , I am also out on a lightweight overnight this weekend ......

Nalgene bottles are heavy ........
Where you off to?

Yeah, the nalgene is heavy, I may switch it out for a Smart Water bottle. Main reason for the nalgene is I can put boiling water into it during the evening, so it's sterile for the morning? But with carrying the sawyer and purification tablets, maybe that idea is redundant.....

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madriverrob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE