Midlands Winter '08 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
sorry that i cant make this one, i have a job on a chrismas tree farm. See you all in the new year (although i cant make the outdoor show one either!:banghead: George

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I put my back out yesterday, reaching for a can of beer :eek:

So i;ll doubt i'll be going now, i dont think camping would be a good idea :(

Oh well, see you all nest time !:cool:

A bad back isn't fun at the best of times :( . Take care of it and have a speedy recovery.
See you next time.

sorry that i cant make this one, i have a job on a chrismas tree farm. See you all in the new year (although i cant make the outdoor show one either!:banghead: George

Take care and have a good 'un. Give it a couple of years and you'll be able to book holidays just to get to Meets :eek: .

Looks like it could be a soggy day on Saturday!

Heavy rain and 30mph winds... lovely!!

Yup. So far we've had a run of good weather at Meets; at some point it's going to be manky :dunno: .

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Would you like me to bring a couple large tarps for shelter Phil? And by large I mean just that, I've got some that are 6x8mtr if I remember correctly

Yes! please do that. The 30 MPH winds and downpour are making me gulp a bit. Its just I promised Phil he would be lovely and warm lol!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
My attendance is looking doubtful. :(

I've got a tooth that's gone rotten to the core, it's due to come out on Thursday but the darn things got an infection that has just shrugged at one course of antibiotics and if we can't beat the infection by Thursday then it can't come out.

The thing hurts like a hurting thing from the land of hurt at the moment and I'd be no good even if I got there let alone driving on the painkillers I'm on.

Now for the problem.

I've got a lot of Bernie's stuff here that was left at Middlewood.

There are two chairs, a hurricane lamp and some road spikes.

I've also got the charcoal that Womble bought for Middlewood that we were selling on for her, about five bags from memory.

I can get them to someone up here in the North but not much further.

Any ideas?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've got a tooth that's gone rotten to the core, it's due to come out on Thursday but the darn things got an infection that has just shrugged at one course of antibiotics and if we can't beat the infection by Thursday then it can't come out.

The thing hurts like a hurting thing from the land of hurt at the moment and I'd be no good even if I got there let alone driving on the painkillers I'm on.

Sorry to hear that :( . Hope it clears up quick - tooth trouble is especially problematic at this time of year :aargh4: .

Relax this is Coventry we have our very own weather here we could have flash floods in Bedworth, monsoons in Rugby,,,, Coventry nothing

Oh, so true! And, within Coventry, Tile Hill is a rule unto itself :eek: .

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Not sure what to do about the kit Wayland but I have heard if you crush a aspirin into the cavity it will stop the pain as it acts directly on the exposed nerve hope your well soon see you next year

Now for the problem.

I've got a lot of Bernie's stuff here that was left at Middlewood.

There are two chairs, a hurricane lamp and some road spikes.

I've also got the charcoal that Womble bought for Middlewood that we were selling on for her, about five bags from memory.

I can get them to someone up here in the North but not much further.

Any ideas?

Crikey Wayland thats not good, I spent a miserable xmas years ago with a similar thing of bad tooth and abcess. the anti biotics made little difference and after finishing the course and everywhere but A&E closed I had to numb the pain with kestral super:eek: which I'm not fond of but it worked at the time.

Hope you get sorted asap mate. If you do make it I'll bring the liquidiser to make the bacon oatcakes easier to get down:D

ATB

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Just to give you a bit of hope, I had a tooth out last year and was better instantly.

Ive not been able to find any pure wool blankets, I will bring some extra warm stuff , but is anybody able to bring some spare incase me or anybody else gets cold? I havent done camping this cold so its difficult to predict.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just to give you a bit of hope, I had a tooth out last year and was better instantly.

Ive not been able to find any pure wool blankets, I will bring some extra warm stuff , but is anybody able to bring some spare incase me or anybody else gets cold? I havent done camping this cold so its difficult to predict.

I've got three wool blankets I can bring along if you think you'll need them. I could get some more pretty cheaply if you want but the ones I saw were a bit thin through age.

If you've got a couple lightweight summer bags you can always see if you can put one in the other for extra warmth :)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I've got three wool blankets I can bring along if you think you'll need them. I could get some more pretty cheaply if you want but the ones I saw were a bit thin through age.

If you've got a couple lightweight summer bags you can always see if you can put one in the other for extra warmth :)
well hopefully I wont need to borrow any, but please do bring yours along just in case. Doesnt matter if they are thin its better than nothing! Im bringing 3 fleece bed liners which should be fairly good.

Ouch! My dentist always recommends swishing hot salty water round the affected area once an hour - as hot as you can stand it. It tastes disgusting (and don't swallow it!), but it really does work to draw out infection. Keep taking the antibiotics too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE