Midlands Winter '08 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Is Phill coming along to this one

Possibly. We may be moving out of the flat that weekend, we shall have to see. We just saw a solicitor , cost £1000 but he says Phil was outright unfairly dealt with. Constructive dismissal, unfair dismissal, punishment for being a whistle blower, victimisation for having a disability. Nothing whatsoever he did was even WRONG according to company policy never mind gross misconduct. Unfortunately constructive and unfair dismissal only become illegal after 6 months. before then, its perfectly legal for a company to be as unfair as they like, and so they have most likely gotten away with it. We can bring a case against them on whistleblowing discrimination and disability though, and the evidence we have compiled for poor treatment of service users means we can launch a grievance. We can cause them enough trouble to take back the gross misconduct but it will cost in the region of twenty thousand pounds.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Possibly. We may be moving out of the flat that weekend, we shall have to see. We just saw a solicitor , cost £1000 but he says Phil was outright unfairly dealt with. Constructive dismissal, unfair dismissal, punishment for being a whistle blower, victimisation for having a disability. Nothing whatsoever he did was even WRONG according to company policy never mind gross misconduct. Unfortunately constructive and unfair dismissal only become illegal after 6 months. before then, its perfectly legal for a company to be as unfair as they like, and so they have most likely gotten away with it. We can bring a case against them on whistleblowing discrimination and disability though, and the evidence we have compiled for poor treatment of service users means we can launch a grievance. We can cause them enough trouble to take back the gross misconduct but it will cost in the region of twenty thousand pounds.

They make it possible to whistleblow but they make the hurdles higher and the red tape much more stringent

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Just a quick heads-up:

The op I had on my ankle 3 weeks ago hasn't healed as well as I thought it had. I've had no pain and no apparent problems from it at all - right up to the moment I popped the wound open on Tuesday :eek: ; and even that only caused a slightly strange sensation.
I WILL still be at the Meet but will be restricted in what I can fetch and carry as SWMBO will put me in a 'serious naughty corner' if I over stress the injury.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Nope, she's working so I'm going to have to co-opt someone to aid me :D .
To tell the truth she's not happy that I'm coming at all but is being supportive because I've been cooped up and am getting a touch of cabin fever :BlueTeamE :D .

To tell the truth she's not happy that I'm coming at all but is being supportive because I've been cooped up and am getting a touch of cabin fever :BlueTeamE :D .

I'll be there friday eve (depending on m6) or sat morning so can help where needed phil.
I think everyone will help you out though, just dont stress your injury by struggling on, just shout for help where upon you'll probally be ignored for a while :rolleyes: but help will arrive eventually.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks Bodge - it's more likely to be a case of stopping me doing stuff though. It's because it doesn't hurt that I'm having to be more careful - if that makes any sense?

Gailainne

Life Member
I do hope you all enjoy yourselfs, and your kit keeps you warm and comfortable. I did enjoy my visit last time, BUT 6-7 hrs driving is a once a year thing :rolleyes:.

Aw the best and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kindest Regards

Stephen

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
See you next time mate. You getting out round your way in this chilly weather?

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

I can arrange to pick you up fri if thats any help and mule your kit down to the site a word of advise don't let T1tch put up your tarp if he leaves before us we'll need to do the scrumpy balancing act to get it down :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I can arrange to pick you up fri if thats any help and mule your kit down to the site ...

I'm sorted for getting there :D - thanks for the offer though.

I haven't forgotten that I have a dixie, bungy, pot stand and bow saw to bring with me :cool: .

... a word of advise don't let T1tch put up your tarp if he leaves before us we'll need to do the scrumpy balancing act to get it down :D

:lmao:

Done in three easy steps:

Chuck a sprog up tree.
Said sprog unties knots.
Fell tree to get sprog back.

Sorted!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Slight change for me. My son has decided that he's not coming as the friends he's met from the meet aren't coming + it's going to be too cold for him..... :)

Attending the meet:

A lil yella fella (aka woodstock) - hammock
Addo
Andy2112 + 1 poss tents/tarp
Bernie Garland
Bodge + kids + hammock and orange tent thing
decorum - Somewhere under the 'Eden Project'
Firecrest - rubbish tent.
Humpback - Hammock
Mesquite - ground dwelling
mittenz +1 - Tentipi
novembeRain - hammock
PeterH + Chris - Hammocks / Tarp
PJMcBear - Tundra
Rigger_john - Tent (maybe a tarp)
Scrumpy + Scrumpy jnr - Possibles
Son Of Fire- Tent
spamel - mini mega tarp!
T1tch - hammock
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein - tent
Wayland
xylaria + tribe - possibles - tent with tarps

Roast pig list:*

A lil yella fella
Addo
Andy2112 + 1 poss
Bernie Garland
Bodge
decorum
Firecrest
Mesquite
PJMcBear
Rigger_John
Spamel
T1tch
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein
Wayland
PeterH + Chris

*Note: price will be dependant on numbers partaking.

Mesquite dooking chilli:*

Addo
Bodge
decorum
Mesquite
Son Of Fire
Wallenstein
Peter + Chris (Probably)

*Note: price will be dependant on numbers partaking.

Pigeon list:
Andy2112
decorum
Mesquite
Son Of Fire
woodstock

I haven't forgotten that I have a dixie, bungy, pot stand and bow saw to bring with me :cool: .

The bow saw is donated for use by the group Decorum

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Phil *might* be coming, in which case he will be wanting the pig and the chilli. Ill just be for the pig, but I wont copy us on just yet until Im sure.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Re the dixie Phill that too can be thrown in for the group filled with water and left on the fire it would save everyone putting individual pots on for a brew,,,,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE