Midlands Winter '08 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Just a couple of pics ...

Enough radiant heat?

A tad damp ...

This pic shows a much emptied ditch. At one point it had been close to overflowing the sides.

The stream which 'grew up' in Humpback's pitch.

Cooking on a new toy on the remnants of the fire. Not an easily transportable toy, but good at a Meet.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Aye, well done that lad he also picked me a couple of winners in the raffle too, so he is definately welcome again:D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
wow addo, you had it bad with that water you were camping in, I don't think I saw anyone else that flooded. Now we can say we are hardcore bushcrafters we camped in a flippin lake , like to see bear grylls do that!

hey at least the "leave no trace" part wasnt so hard what with everything being washed away.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
wow addo, you had it bad with that water you were camping in, I don't think I saw anyone else that flooded. Now we can say we are hardcore bushcrafters we camped in a flippin lake , like to see bear grylls do that!

hey at least the "leave no trace" part wasnt so hard what with everything being washed away.

WOW what can I say I particularly liked the synchronized move on the Saturday everyone with big smile and nose clip as they moved to the sound of swan lake :D
oh and we have a match for mr G our very own firecrest who ate the pigs eye without any prompting or peer pressure,,,:You_Rock_ go girl and to Spam for making me suspicions of any future females i may come in contact with great story but its mentally scarred me for a while Great to see you all again

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I was daring Phil and spam to eat the eyeball but they wouldnt. No use letting it go to waste, Id already popped it out!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Cooking on a new toy on the remnants of the fire. Not an easily transportable toy, but good at a Meet.

Nice piece of kit there Dec.... and that pic shows me something I forgot to take home... my big kettle :eek: I'll pick it up at the next meet if you don't mind looking after it for me until then.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Right, a few thank you's

Decorum, thanks for organising the Coventry Quogmire meet, brilliant as usual.

thanks to my NEW NAVAL buddies for a great weekend (Spam, Addo and Bodge )

thanks to everyone for coming who i spoke to but didn't know names.

Mesquite, thanks for the sun catchers.

Bernie and Maxine, the pig was awesome.

But most of all thanks to all just for being there and making the most of a bad show, it's a testament to all our resolves to keep smiling when the elements are against us.

My kit is slowly drying out at home with tarp and various bits of kit on the washing line. Bivi bag is some where in the house drying and my doss bag is in the spare room on the clothes dryer.

Would it have been better if it had snowed ????:D :D :D :D :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I can't believe I forgot to mention ...

Congratulations to PeterH who won the folder generously donated by Bernie.

In total the raffle raised £100 in aid of Help for Heroes.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
The weekend was interesting and I can only echo what everyone else has said. We were quite fortunate camping on some highground next to a meandering trickle. Bay sat morning there was a small lake under my hammock - swiftly drained by scraping a channel to the now raging torrent. However compared to Bodge, Mesquite etal it was positively palatial.

showfull.php

Not being normally very lucky when it comes to raffles I was completely gobsmacked at winning the magnificent knife that Bernie so generously donated as the "Headline" of the raffle. It took a few hours for the reality to sink in. I now feel guilty about not buying a few more tickets so there will be a few more quid on its way to Help for Heroes after Christmas.

Hope everyone else has a good Christmas and stay dry :beerchug:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Peter,

Do you mind if I send that shot of yours to the site management team.
There's been some interest in seeing just how effective the work done on the ditches has been - there's a lot more to be done but the site's getting there and seeing the effectiveness helps bolster the effort.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Feel free, I have another on Sunday from almost the same place showing how it had dried and the level dropped. Will try and upload that one as well.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
whats the script...do we do it over a weekend and stay on site or just attend during the day....and leave each evening.......I would love to work during the day and hammock up at night on a site of their choice

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
whats the script...do we do it over a weekend and stay on site or just attend during the day....and leave each evening.......I would love to work during the day and hammock up at night on a site of their choice

I'd be up to assist if required on weekends - don't have many skills but I can fetch and carry and dig holes. I am back on the 27th Dec so any time after that is fine by me

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
count me in Dec, family permitting. It's good to give something back. Now where can we get a load of pipes for drainage ???? lol:umbrella:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE