Midlands outdoorshow Meet March 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi all I had a great time and met loads of new faces, what a great turnout, people took advantage of the the whole site this time, people as generous as ever with their time and the loan of equipment thanks everyone, also got some great bargains on site thanks John the only good deal I got at the show was the 1/2 chicken roast dinner £6.95 plus you got to keep the plate and the crockery,, which was nice see you all again soon

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thanks for a great meet everybody. I enjoyed the show but it was more fun being in the woods. Cheers for the kettle John, and Thanks to Addo for being really generous with your bag of goodies :You_Rock_
Im looking forward to the warmer weather, i think the hennessey is better suited to it. I even stayed sober because the acrobatics involved in getting in the hammock, in the sleeping bag, wrapping a blanket round me (and 2 coats!) is just too difficult at silly o clock in the morning!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just to say I had a great 4 days at the meet. It was good seeing friends from past meets and making new ones and spending time around the camp fires just chilling and relaxing. A big thanks goes to Phil for facilitating it all as we wouldn't have it if it weren't for all his hard work behind the scenes. I can't wait til the next one as they Midlands meets keep getting better and better each one :)

Pics to follow later on :)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers Dec and everyone else that makes this meet so great.
I had a cracking time this weekend. Must be the first time I havent taken pics as didn't seem to stop for long enough. Cu at the next one, if I get a pass out.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to all who came along and made for a great (and extended :D ) weekend :You_Rock_ - just how many places can you go where you experience glorious blue skies and sunshine punctuated by short showers of rain and hail - with a few dabs of snow late at night :lmao: A real pleasure to meet old friends and make new ones :headbang: .

... what a great turnout, people took advantage of the the whole site this time ...

:lmao: True - I think that the site needs to improve the indications as to where pocket sites begin and end :lmao:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Fantastic , Really enjoyed my time at the meet , thanks to everyone for the banter and many thanks to Wayland for the repair on my sheaf ,
Twodogs
28032009710.jpg

Cheers Gary ,
28032009714.jpg

Andy checks out his new water catcher ,
28032009711.jpg

very nice ,
28032009720.jpg

Camokid preping his phesent and venison , " anyone want some phesent " made me laugh
28032009718.jpg
home from home ..

Thanks again, loads of fun
Twodogs

camokid

Forager
Mar 3, 2009
coventry
yum yum phesent it was good tho. really enjoyed the weekend nice bunch of lads had a good laugh round the camp fire it was good to get out. but next time andy try to stay in your hammock your are now in the thud club mate .

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Some pictures!
Many thanks to all the customers of The White Van Swap Shop (under the sighn of the Red Dragon) - I now have some new toys to play with (no not the Mini skirt and waistcoat...that is already cut up for pouch making!) and projects to start....
DSCF1231-1.jpg

DSCF1232-1.jpg

DSCF1234-1.jpg

DSCF1235-1.jpg

DSCF1236-1.jpg

DSCF1237-1.jpg

DSCF1238-1.jpg

DSCF1242-1.jpg

And to think I came because it was work for me....getting more stuff to review in my magazine columns!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Wayland looks like he is striking a jesus pose in that last picture! If the viking business ever goes down hill I reckon there is a new venture there:p

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Great weekend folks, brilliant company as usual. Put a few names to faces which is always a bonus, oh, and good food.

Invented a new sleep system, i'm calling it the ground dwelling hammock. lol. Closer trees or longer tapes i think for me.

Can't wait for the next one. Here's dreaming !!!!!!

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Great weekend folks, brilliant company as usual. Put a few names to faces which is always a bonus, oh, and good food.

Invented a new sleep system, i'm calling it the ground dwelling hammock. lol. Closer trees or longer tapes i think for me.

Can't wait for the next one. Here's dreaming !!!!!!

With the size of your tarp Andy; I would say longer tapes :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Wayland looks like he is striking a jesus pose in that last picture! If the viking business ever goes down hill I reckon there is a new venture there:p

After teaching in so many schools I am sure he is ready to say
"SUFFER - little children!"
or is that only a partial Bible quote, taken out of context:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE