Midlands outdoorshow Meet March 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
well chaps , dont fret about the stretchy tapes on the DD hammock ! youll only have a springy time on first night after that they stop giving . However a popular mod is to remove the tape from the hammock and replace with good para cord in a loop that extends about a foot from the end of hammock when under load , then have a steel ring to act as a drip arrester then use the original tapes together with carabeenas to anchor to tree because the tapes love to soak up rain!! look forward to meetin you chaps, travelling up with John Fenna on thurs see you then.

Thanks, I have modded my DD Hammock with karibiners and extra velcro on the compartment already. Look forward to meeting you all.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
:( No chance of it being nice and sunny then?
i cut my friggin army blanket up to make viking clothes! Im going to have to come dressed as a viking now! (incidentally I WAS warmer...)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
I certainly shall and hope to do all my meals on it. I'm interested in comparing its heat output with my BB wood stove aswell (which performed excellently at the last meet but is quite heavy to lugg around).

So, I'm read for my close-up Mr DeMill!

Alan

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Hi folks,
I'm afraid work has reared its head - I have a 10 till 7pm on Friday. I intend getting down to be with you on Saturday through Sunday if that's OK.

John

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Is this a gadget thing? what are the advantages over the BB.my motto is this if it works keep using it until it breaks or until something better comes along and at 6 1/4 oz boils a mug of water in I would say 9mins very fuel efficient I would say its pretty hard to better at the moment we could do a comparison at the meet

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Is this a gadget thing?

Hmm, definition of a gadget .... :lmao: .

Is it a gadget in the sense that it's shiney when you get it and others wonder what it is? Yes :D .

Is it a gadget that get the 'must have' vibe and you stop using soon after purchase?
No, it quickly became my first choice stove :D .

In all seriousness though, it'd be interesting to see them side by side :cool: - as a wood burner the BB should be more efficient :rolleyes: .

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks to Decorum for organising this meet, and to all those that attended that made me so welcome, the weather wasn't as bad as anicipated, just a few downpours and the occassional hailstorm - not nearly as cold as I expected. I didn't go thump in the night, my DD Hammock held. The beverages that flowed were excellent, the variety of food available to sample was better, but most of all the company was fantastic. Thank you one and all.

When's the next one?:D
dsc01548c.jpg

dsc01551m.jpg

dsc01556c.jpg

dsc01558f.jpg

dsc01559s.jpg

dsc01560v.jpg

dsc01565azb.jpg

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
great pics! and a great couple of days, didn't get to meet many people as we were only really there saturday day, but i enjoyed my first night under a tarp and especially the mental weather! must be the only country where you can sunbathe in the pouring rain!

great atmosphere at the meet, can't wait for the next one!!

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Hi folks,
thanks to all involved with organising this meet. It was great to put some faces to names and share your company, fire, beverages, and pork pie :You_Rock_

I look forward to being able to spend more time at the next one.

Cheers

John :)

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
Just like to say many thanks to all who attended this weekends meet , company , food ,atmosphere was superb and good to meet some new faces . Weather didnt dampen spirits at all , had a great time cheers everyone !

ATB Rolly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE