Midlands outdoorshow Meet March 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
This Midlands Meet will be held to coincide with The outdoors Show. The show sets the date for the weekend 27 - 29 March 2009.

I've spoken to the site we use and due to other people needing to make use of the car park we'll be able to take a maximum of 100 at this Meet.

Location is Rough Close. This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome.

Site map

At the moment the price (per person per night) is £3.60. The price might increase in the new year, I'll let you know.

EDIT: Price per person per night is now £4

The camp fees will not include entrance to the show!

A more in depth explanation of the thought behind the idea.

The inspiration for this idea can be put down, in part, to the comments made in past outdoor show threads about the distances some have had to travel in one day. The main 'nudge' came from a post from Lurch; who posted a question about the availability of camping reasonably close to the NEC - so I've been sitting on this idea for a while now :rolleyes: . The site we use for the Midlands Meets is about 10 miles from the NEC :D - at the moment site fees are £3.60 per person per night and although that might go up in the new year, it's a whole lot cheaper than booking into a hotel (especially if you need to bring the tribe). It would also mean that some of that nice new kit could be put to (almost) instananeous use - or you could even see what folk have bought and think ...

There's no compunction to go to the show. If you'd like to come along to the Meet and just chill all weekend that's absolutely fine.

Sticking yourself on the list isn't commiting yourself to coming along - but if you can no longer come along it'd be appreciated if you say so.

Site 11 is already booked :D . Because of the number of people who could be on 11 we also have permission to use the adjacent camping field for those who have large tents.

Meet list:

Addo
Andy2112
decorum
Humpback
JimN
John Fenna - will know nearer the date
Mesquite
Wallenstein
woodstock

Sorry if I've missed you out when I've transferred the info from here; feel free to re-add yourself.

Copy and paste yada,yada ... . And if you could do it alphabetically that'd be great.

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site the only people we can't accommodate are those who would do harm to others.

eem

May 28, 2008
solihull
Addo
Andy2112
Bodge
decorum
EEM +1
Humpback
JimN
Mesquite
Wallenstein
woodstock

having re-sharpened the knife, put out the jet boil i feel i am ready for another meet. i can even point out an amethyst deceiver at 5 paces now thanks to Wayland!!

happy days.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I know child boredom would set in after half an hour and things could get all tense.

I hadn't even considered attention span :lmao: , I was wondering whether you were thinking along the lines of 'Mummy, Daddy spent ......' and how to get around it - I guess you can tell I'm not a parent :eek: .

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Addo
Andy2112
Aragorn - will know nearer the date
Bodge
Bootstrap Bob - will know nearer the date
decorum
EEM +1
Humpback
JimN
Mesquite
Wallenstein
woodstock

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Best add me to the list then!

Done :D .

Addo
Andy2112
Bodge
decorum
EEM +1
Humpback
JimN
Lurch
Mesquite
Wallenstein
woodstock

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
If everybody (especially me) can get the time off work then I'll be there. What was the minor malfunction btw.

Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2-4 - will know nearer the date
Andy2112
Bodge
decorum
EEM +1
Humpback
JimN
Lurch
Mesquite
Wallenstein
woodstock

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I What was the minor malfunction btw.

When ignited the gas didn't go up through the burner and into the diffuser. Instead, it came out here, there and everywhere and turned the jetboil into a ball of ball of flame which melted the plastic guard (including the gas controller on/off bit). The saving grace* was that, although the unit was a fireball for a good minute or so, the cannister remained cold - I've no idea how long it would have remained that way though. Afterwards the cannister seemed to be connected properly - I'm no expert though and it's the one and only occasion that I've seen a jetboil in use.

* Disclaimer - On this occassion!

WoodWildling

Forager
Oct 16, 2008
New Forest
www.bigskyliving.co.uk
Count me in! Sounds great

Addo
Andy2112
Bodge
decorum
EEM +1
Humpback
JimN
Lurch
Mesquite
Wallenstein
woodstock
WoodWildling

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
A quick heads up for all those hoping to attend the show*.

Taken from here :

'The Box Office is now open so book your tickets straight away at a special price of only £22 for 2 adult tickets*. You can book online at our new-look website or call our ticket hotline on 0844 415 4418. Quote EMAIL1 when booking to take advantage of this introductory offer.

* Offer ends Sunday 30th November 2008'
And the prices page to see whether you'd be better off without - and some might!

* Or just for general perusal.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
i hope to be there aswell this time

Addo
Andy2112
Bodge
decorum
EEM +1
Humpback
JimN
Lurch
Mesquite
sandbag47..will know closer to the date
Wallenstein
woodstock
WoodWildling

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
As long as you don't mind us taffs I'm in.

Addo
Andy2112
Bodge
decorum
EEM +1
Humpback
JimN
Lurch
Mesquite
nigeltm + 2
sandbag47..will know closer to the date
Wallenstein
woodstock
WoodWildling

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE