Going Rate for Woodland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
I think I remember reading that the going rate for an average bit of woodland in the UK is £400 per hectare. I think I read it on this site too, but searching has drawn a blank.

Does anyone know if this £400 figure I have in my head is accurate?

Pappa

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Not a chance I'm afraid mate, if it was that cheap we would all have our own.
There are a few web sites that sell woodland, a quick Google will pull up a few but these are normally quite expensive. Round here agricultural land will normally sell for 3.5 to 4 k an acre, woodland normaly more.

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
Yeah, I just did some maths on some of the woodland for sale in south wales and they seem in the region of £5000 a hectare. Maybe I mis-read £4000 for £400, wherever it was I read it.

It did seem a bit cheap. :(

Pappa

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
The above pricing is right, you a looking at around the 2k/acre for softwoods..........broadleaf, you can name your price.

Not so long ago, 5-6 years you could buy woodland for less than half that cost. It is now the fastest growing real estate as London money has now got involed. They are many cowboys out there selling woodland so buyer beware. One of the best ones is www.johnclegg.co.uk

They handle of the FC sales as well.

Cheers

Jack.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Not to rub salt in your wounds but 4K£/acre :eek: In northern Sweden you can by woodland (mostly softwood up there) for 400£/hectare. And you'll get the right to hunt moose and brown bear...

So why the *bleep* am I living in the UK then :rolleyes:

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
About £1000-£2000 per acre was my knowledge on the subject. Again...depends on the quantity you buy etc, if you find yourself very cheap woodland you have to think 'why' ? On a steep slope? Boggy ground ? etc etc Not that it would bother us folks lol, but for a commercial buyer looking to fell it, would see these as bad points about the land. If you buy large quantites the price per acre comes down, if you buy smaller amounts it can go up

Booosh

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
You also have to remember that it depends what is growing on it. A good stand of oak is going to be worth more than a stand of larch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE