Canvas Berghaus Crusader

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
OK, It definately looks like one.
The only part you don't see on other pics is the frame,so I don't know if it was usual for these original PLCE packs from Berghaus to have the frame rivetted in place.

Regards,
Andy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Right, you've got me hooked now, this bag of yours sounds rather special.:cool:.............I think you have to have ten posts before you can upload photos (prehaps someone could confirm this) so have a wander around the forum, leave a few posts (you're nearly there,) then try posting some pics.:)

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
bag001.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
It's an original berghaus made PLCE issue bergan,berghaus declined the contract as has been said because the mod wanted it cheaper made.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Yep, that looks like one of the first PLCE short back bergens made by Berghaus( late 80's ?).....there are a few differences to the present day bags & the overall build quality doesn't look quite as rugged as the later issued rucks.
It's in a remarkable condition & probably wasn't used in the field (or very little)

Might be worth sending an e-mail to Berghaus for more info It's certainly a rare object & even rarer in that excellent condition.

Great photos by the way.

EDIT: the Fx on your buckles is short for Fastex if your interested......Are the zips branded YKK. ?

Last edited:

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Think it will probably be going up for sale/swap,tried it on and it seems to have shrunk!
Hip belt now round my stomach and it's difficult to fasten the clips!

Or it could be that I've grown!:D

Regards,
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE