Bug Out Man Official Trailer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
[video=youtube;a8UgOvJVol8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8UgOvJVol8[/video]

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't realise that this thread was in Fair Game. As you were.[/EDIT]

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I know I can't prove it, but when I hit 'post', I knew that the mention of the pistol-shaped hand grenade would get a response like this! I didn't expect it so soon, since it must be about quarter to 10 in Florida.

Not even close. In either of Florida's two time zones. When you posted this, it was 0248 here in the Central time zone (0348 in the Eastern time zone)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
[video=youtube;a8UgOvJVol8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8UgOvJVol8[/video]

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't realise that this thread was in Fair Game. As you were.[/EDIT]

Actually gun crime in the US has been steadily declining for over twenty years. Fatal gun crimes are down by 49% from 1991 until 2011 (the last year for which statistics have been calculated) and non-fatl gun crime is down by 75% in the same time period (both stats according to the CDC) During that time period, gun ownership is up as is the number of concealed permit holders (the fastest growing demographic being young, female shooters)

And a Bushmaster A3 is not a machine gun.

But in either case, there's no need to let facts get in the way of anti-gun bias.

Last edited:

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
can't really comment on the vid but that colt sure looks priiiddy, I prefare the 686 that cylinder release looks awkward ,atb wayne

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
can't really comment on the vid but that colt sure looks priiiddy, I prefare the 686 that cylinder release looks awkward ,atb wayne

With the S&W you operate the cylinder release by pushing it fotward, whereas with the Colt you pull it back. Neither is particularly awkward if it's the one you practice with. On the other hand, if you don't practice, either one will be awkward.

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
yes i see were your coming from, being left handed the smith is easier to work, I have heard good things of the trigger on the colt just hold crazy money, atb wayne

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They are both lovely guns no doubt about it. .357 has to be about my favourite round of all time for "do everything". If I was off into the wilderness and could only have one type of round, .357 would be it. I shoot some baby soft hand loads - 158 grain hard cast lead over just 3.2gr of Bullseye - don't think that Python would come off target with them. I also shoot 6+gr of Bullseye behind 158gr for a full fat magnum load. A nice Marlin and a good whee.lgun to match will do most things.

I miss shooting handguns :(

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
hardcast 158gr is a great bullet I have only got as far as unique, red you can still shoot the wheelguns you just have to go a little further over our water or go large,wayne

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
yes i see were your coming from, being left handed the smith is easier to work, I have heard good things of the trigger on the colt just hold crazy money, atb wayne

I suppose so, using your finger rather than your thumb (as I imagine you do)

Ironically though, Samuel Colt was left handed. That's why the Colt cylinders revolve in the opposite direction from S&W, and most other revolvers. Colt cylinders revolve clockwise (as you look at them from the rear) whereas most others, S&W included, revolve counter-clockwise.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
hardcast 158gr is a great bullet I have only got as far as unique, red you can still shoot the wheelguns you just have to go a little further over our water or go large,wayne

Yeah - I have a slot for a long barrel I must fill - its not the same though

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
Actually gun crime in the US has been steadily declining for over twenty years. Fatal gun crimes are down by 49% from 1991 until 2011 (the last year for which statistics have been calculated) and non-fatl gun crime is down by 75% in the same time period (both stats according to the CDC) During that time period, gun ownership is up as is the number of concealed permit holders (the fastest growing demographic being young, female shooters)

And a Bushmaster A3 is not a machine gun.

But in either case, there's no need to let facts get in the way of anti-gun bias.

It was a joke. I simply posted it as a reflection of what is happening to this thread about some guy's survival movie project. Nobody has mentioned gun crime. For the purpose of making a comedy sketch about an not-entirely-undeserved national stereotype, whether or not an AR15 is a 'machine gun' is not really relevant. 'Machine gun' is what a 9 year old boy would call it; which is sort of the point. Anyway, the Swiss, the Finns and the Canadians all have quite high rates of gun ownership and yet somehow they don't end up the butt of jokes about it. I wonder why that is?

Anyway, I apologise for the offence it has clearly caused; I evidently misjudged your sensitivities on the matter.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Has this site transmogrified into BCUSA?:)

Re the initial vid, I thought, reading the title, it was to be a bug-out trailer - ie one that hitched to the back of a car!

Good to show knife-sharpening - especially as the previous shot showed the user using the blade of his knife on the firesteel...................

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
santaman,wow every day is a learning day i never knew that thanks thats really interesting,wayne

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It was a joke. I simply posted it as a reflection of what is happening to this thread about some guy's survival movie project. Nobody has mentioned gun crime.......

......whether or not an AR15 is a 'machine gun' is not really relevant. 'Machine gun' is what a 9 year old boy would call it; which is sort of the point.......

Anyway, the Swiss, the Finns and the Canadians all have quite high rates of gun ownership and yet somehow they don't end up the butt of jokes about it. I wonder why that is?.......

Actually the opening lines of the video did indeed refernec gun crimes (murders

And yes, whether or not an AR15 is a machine gun is completely relevent as innaccurate references lead to misconceptions among the non-shooting public (as does the misleading stats about shootings) And no, a nine year old here would callit a rifle rather than a machine gun.

Yes other countries with high gun ownership rates have lower violent crime rates (thus preserving them from being the butt of jokes) In fact my agreement with you on this point is indeed MY point; guns don't cause crime and shouldn't be villified (In fact villifying guns and shooters as such seems more the point of the video than any national joke)

I wasn't offended as an American, rather I was offended as a gun owner and shooter.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Guns don't kill people; bullets do.

Why are bullets so cheap ? If they cost £50 a whop then folks would think twice about just leaving them available :rolleyes: or using them as a first option, or carelessly.
Especially when the social dynamics show that more poor people are killed and injured than middle class or the very wealthy.

Or is that too sensible and simplistic?.........and how did a thread on a bob become a paeon of guns anyway ???

It had to be shifted into Fair Game out of simple courtesy to those who open the forum in public places.

M

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Guns don't kill people; bullets do.

Why are bullets so cheap ? If they cost £50 a whop then folks would think twice about just leaving them available :rolleyes: or using them as a first option, or carelessly.
Especially when the social dynamics show that more poor people are killed and injured than middle class or the very wealthy.

Or is that too sensible and simplistic?.........and how did a thread on a bob become a paeon of guns anyway ???

It had to be shifted into Fair Game out of simple courtesy to those who open the forum in public places.

M

No1. Bullets don't kill people Toddy, people kill people, just as knives don't kill people, people kill people.

No2. Hmmm I wonder:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE