Bug Out Man Official Trailer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskeyfox

Sep 28, 2010
Florida USA
Hey folks, I've been working on this YouTube project for quite some time, imparting many of the lessons I learned from you guys here at BushcraftUK and the USA site. This is the Official Trailer for a new series I'm working on. I appreciate your continued support.

[video=youtube;jTe7bqV9DJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTe7bqV9DJM[/video]

Whiskeyfox

Sep 28, 2010
Florida USA
Hey thanks for watching! I expect you will see some good drama in the series. I can't tell you much because I don't want to spoil it for everyone, but Episode I deals with the contents of the bag...

Whiskeyfox

Rich.H

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
N.Ireland
Ok so I saw what 3? knives, a handgun and something that gave me flashbacks to the camo scene from commando with Arnie. Surely all this is doing is adding to the well fueled fire of panic that already exists. It's ironic how many bug out preppers happily talk about how the world is going to pot and how there is a constant increase in government/corporate sponsored media panic aimed at the general populace and keeping folks inline, this goes hand in hand with various scenarios of how things are going to come to a head and the proverbial ****.

If this is so then why show yourself doing lots of stereotypical 80's Holywood manly things? To demonstrate aspects of bushcraft would surely not incorporate the social and sharing aspect of the subject as it is entirely about sharing skills and knowledge? With 7 billion humans on planet earth how long do you honestly expect a lone ranger to live in the event of an apocalypse? Here lies one of the fundamental issues with all preppers is they want to run away from the problem, in bushcraft terms is like saying "gosh my lighter ran out/my tinder is soaked/etc, I will just head off somewhere else and avoid this issue"

My personal view is this series is doing something a little different with the added aspect of a dramatic tv show style. But for that I can simply watch walking dead with some actual character development or so on, as neither of them really give me anything useful they both fall into just brain downtime in front of the box. I'm always cautious about any bushy style show or channel due to the major downfalls and for me the best have always been those that show both the natural environment and it's people in the truest light without any added flash.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Ok so I saw what 3? knives, a handgun and something that gave me flashbacks to the camo scene from commando with Arnie. Surely all this is doing is adding to the well fueled fire of panic that already exists. It's ironic how many bug out preppers happily talk about how the world is going to pot and how there is a constant increase in government/corporate sponsored media panic aimed at the general populace and keeping folks inline, this goes hand in hand with various scenarios of how things are going to come to a head and the proverbial ****.

If this is so then why show yourself doing lots of stereotypical 80's Holywood manly things? To demonstrate aspects of bushcraft would surely not incorporate the social and sharing aspect of the subject as it is entirely about sharing skills and knowledge? With 7 billion humans on planet earth how long do you honestly expect a lone ranger to live in the event of an apocalypse? Here lies one of the fundamental issues with all preppers is they want to run away from the problem, in bushcraft terms is like saying "gosh my lighter ran out/my tinder is soaked/etc, I will just head off somewhere else and avoid this issue"

My personal view is this series is doing something a little different with the added aspect of a dramatic tv show style. But for that I can simply watch walking dead with some actual character development or so on, as neither of them really give me anything useful they both fall into just brain downtime in front of the box. I'm always cautious about any bushy style show or channel due to the major downfalls and for me the best have always been those that show both the natural environment and it's people in the truest light without any added flash.

I think its just meant to be a bit of fun - think Bear Gryls vs The Apocalypse :D

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ok so I saw what 3? knives, a handgun and something that gave me flashbacks to the camo scene from commando with Arnie.....

As Corso said, I believe this series is togue in cheek rather than serious.

But the items you reference above are normal EDC items anyway. I always have at least one handgun and at least one knife, usually more, on me pretty much at all times (or at worst, nearby in my vehicle. As to the cammo scene, it's repeated daily by thousands of hunters during turkey season and increasingly for dove shoots as well.

Last edited:

Whiskeyfox

Sep 28, 2010
Florida USA
Well, I'll tell you how I came to make Bug Out Man... It all started with me watching YouTube videos of people showing their Bug Out Bags. 99.99% of everyone on there who makes one basically has the same format: that is, they show the backpack and then proceed to pull everything out on the table while they talk about it. I wanted to make a bug out bag video where you actually see the stuff being used in action for it's intended purpose. While I was making the video I realized there was more going on to the whole thing then just making a glorified Bug Out Bag video, and so now I want to tell a story with project - while still honoring the idea that I want to show people what I carry in my bug out bag.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Not my kind of thing really ,but you always learn something new from these types of programs ,good luck with it ,and hope it all goes well for you ,I will keep an eye out for it anyway.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
What else do preppers do but plan to hide from or run away from problems? Some preppers talk about involving neighbours but only in a block defence kind of way.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well! You post something on a public forum, so you expect all kinds of feedback, good and bad! Personally, go and do something constructive as i think it's crap!

I am not sure if i could forage enough spray paint to do all of that grafitti, as it all went wrong, also don't see the point of smearing dog pooh on my cheeks and chin, but hey ho! Each to their own, and maybe somebody will come along in a while and tell you it's good and are very much looking forward to the full film.

Good luck anyway.

Ivan...

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I've watched the video, and here are my thoughts - filmed in a high quality format, well edited and a good soundtrack. However, I can't actually say I know what it is promoting, apart from "Bug out man", whatever he is. This looks more like an advert for a TV show, then an education vid on YouTube; although I would say I would spend some time watching more, to make up my mind.

These are only my thoughts and perceptions, so please don't be offended.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
looks interesting - dunno about the face paint bit though!

whats the general format for the series? you gonna review different products while using them in a simulated bug out?

bottom line- you're putting some effort in and creating something. best of luck, with the current flavour month for prepping it could be big.

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
Well I enjoyed it. I think the debate that is happening here illustrates some interesting trans Atlantic and trans Pacific differences, particularly to do with differences in population densities and potential for "disaster" whatever that may be.
This year I have had earthquakes that were strong enough to put cracks in the house, and taken part in a pretty large scale flooding incident across a couple of council districts. Disaster always seems closer here than when I lived in UK. And bugging out is what thousands did in Christchurch - along with thousands bugging "in." No major breakdown in social structure there, but definitely an increase in crime, particularly family violence. There are very regular tv adverts encouraging you to have three days food and water stored, along with basic documentation, sturdy shoes etc to get out of Dodge if required. (To fair firearms don't feature in the official blurb, but I expect many would follow their owners, if only to keep the guns in safe hands). One thing about UK is where would people bug out to? Pretty much all land is accounted for these days!
Anyway I'm going to have a cup of tea and hope the world doesn't end just yet :)

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I think this is a bit too dramatic for a British audience. If you started of with hurricane Katrina or some other natural disaster, it might of started off believable. It looked like you had robbed a bank and was on the run very,very paranoid. I always think survival= get out of here, bushcraft= getting deeper into the wilderness. Two opposing ideals.
It was edited decent, and you've got a belter walk/prowl on you! Haha.
If you can make this pay for you, well good on you.
It's not for me , but good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE