Bug Out Man Official Trailer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well yes, we know someone has to pull the trigger.....after they've loaded or found a loaded gun.....but it's the bullet that does the life ending bit.

That's why it's the bullet that should be horrendously expensive. Make folks think twice sort of thing.

yeah, I wonder about No2 as well :sigh: It's amazing how many threads on survival drift that way :rolleyes:

M

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Well yes, we know someone has to pull the trigger.....after they've loaded or found a loaded gun.....but it's the bullet that does the life ending bit.

That's why it's the bullet that should be horrendously expensive. Make folks think twice sort of thing.

yeah, I wonder about No2 as well :sigh: It's amazing how many threads on survival drift that way :rolleyes:

M

People would be holding other people up at gun point to nick there bullets off them.

No.2s do tend to drift. Especially high fibre ones.

:p

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
You can still club someone to death with a gun though...

A gun an a bullet or a knife will not on its own cause any damage to anyone, it is the human element that causes the problem, just the same as Speed is always the cause of a car crash...ALWAYS! because if all cars were stationary then there would be no crash.

Bugging out is for dreamers, unless it is through absolute necessity, but evacuation is much better an option, never ever become a refugee over an evacuee.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Make folks think twice sort of thing.
Presumably we will be lobbying for a huge increase in knife prices as well (given its actually knives that kill more people) - and alcohol since the majority of violent crime has an alcohol factor?

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
People kill people...Simples, not knives, not guns, not bullets, not alcohol... just people who use and abuse.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Agreed Wigstoo - but if we are going to propose levying taxes to reduce violence - we should at least start with the commonest cause (alcohol) and commonest tool (knives). It won't make any difference I agree - but it would at least have a semblance of a basis in logic. Of course people will just use another tool and another substance - but hey ho

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Aye, but I'd rather be faced with an unarmed lunatic than an armed one.

And I'd rather be armed when facing a lunatic than unarmed. I've seen the case of a druggie who continued to bash two cops after being tazed, pepper sprayed, and struck with impacy weapons. He even continued after being shot twice with one of the officers' handgun. he was finally stopped with a load of 00 buckshot. an

High ammo costs don't deter criminals who make thousands (or hundreds od thousands) of dollars on a single drug deal. It only deters the poor or middle class girl trying to legsally defend herself from a rapist.

Last edited:

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
You think an unarmed lunatic is more dangerous than an armed one?

I would prefer not to face someone with mental health problems at all. Just like any other Human being they are dangerous, I just don't think an unarmed one is to be dismissed and not being capable. If they are unarmed you can't disarm them either...

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I would prefer not to face someone with mental health problems at all. Just like any other Human being they are dangerous, I just don't think an unarmed one is to be dismissed and not being capable. If they are unarmed you can't disarm them either...

Erm......

I'm not sure how to answer this, it's so tangential to the point I was making.

Which is more dangerous. Criminal with loaded gun. Or criminal with only fists. They are 10 yards away from you. You can run away.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Presumably we will be lobbying for a huge increase in knife prices as well (given its actually knives that kill more people) - and alcohol since the majority of violent crime has an alcohol factor?

You tried to buy a knife/knife in Scotland recently ? or seen the enormous piles of the amnesty ones ? or listened to the rhetoric of the policitians, the police, the social bodies, the parents.......

Guns though....in a British bug out bag.....ahah, colour me puzzled but would one of those dongle thingies with all the necessary legal and domestic paperwork upon it not be more useful....maybe some medicines ? how about some good old fashioned hard cash ?
Because the kind of emergency that would necessitate a bug out bag here is either an environmental issue, like the recent floodings, or storm damage, fire or some other unexpected incident.

Now those are all potential and very realistic scenarios; unlike zombie apocalypse or the sudden advent of druggie rapists with intent on middle class girls virtue :rolleyes:

M

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Erm......

I'm not sure how to answer this, it's so tangential to the point I was making.

Which is more dangerous. Criminal with loaded gun. Or criminal with only fists. They are 10 yards away from you. You can run away.

Yews but.....and it's a very big but.....criminals don't obey the law therefore they could care less about guns being illegal. And as ammo is a very cheap thing to manufacture, the only real way to make it expensive is through taxation. Do you believe that criminals actually pay taxes?

So apparently, all such laws do is handicap honest citizens in your arms race and give the advantage to the criminals.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You tried to buy a knife/knife in Scotland recently ? or seen the enormous piles of the amnesty ones ? or listened to the rhetoric of the policitians, the police, the social bodies, the parents.......

I suspect the pile of amnesty knives is probably about a tenth or less the size of what the criminals kept. Remember, it's not likely any of them were actually surrendered by someone with criminal intent.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Yews but.....and it's a very big but.....criminals don't obey the law therefore they could care less about guns being illegal.

Come on now. If guns are harder to obtain there will always be less gun crime as it eliminates opportunity crime. That's a tired argument that doesn't hold water. Yes organised criminals will still use guns, but there will be a lot less gun crime than otherwise.

A teen can't run off with his mums rifle for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE