Zip repair/replace - help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Timbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
I have a fleece jacket with broken zipper thats worth fixing as the jacket is in great condition. Here is the problem, the zipper that runs up and down got a bit squished when something heavy was sat on top of it, part of the metal has come away, so now it basically doesn't work and can't be repaired (according to local clothing alterations). Is there a way to replace these? has anyone done a repair like this? Any help would be much appreciated (before winter as I want it zipped up for then :rolleyes:
Thanks

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I recently got a zip replaced on my patrol pack. I went to see a friend of the family whos a seamstress. Maybe you could look in the yellow pages or try 118 and find a local one? failing that go back to the clothing alterations shop and ask them to replace the whole zip?

nells55

Feb 16, 2010
wigan
try your local launderette they usually do repairs or know someone who will fit a new zip ours did when i needed a new zip on my combat jacket hope this helps

Timbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
Thanks for the help guys, will maybe try and get someone to replace the whole zip, the original alterations person didn't seem intersted in doing it, maybe they thought it was cheaper replacing the fleece, don't think so as it cost me about £50. Thanks for the zlidones tip Nitrambur I might order one of them and try it.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I just received my Zlide-on from Tentspares.co.uk (no affiliation etc). Delivery was quick, and fittint the replacement zip was easy. My broken outdoors jacket can now be closed again. I'm delighted by the results.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE