zebra billy cans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
ok I have got myself a 12cm zebra billy can and have used it for the 1st time over the wkend.
does anyone know a good snug fit cann i can use as a hobo stove. I tried the ikea strainer but its a little bit to small.
Also what is the best way to clean it?

thanx in advance

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
for cleaning I use scotch bright pads to remove any lumpy stuff, i make sure the inside is spotless, but don't worry about the out side as long as it doesn't have soot on it, don't know about a hobo can for a 12cm though matey.

comeonbabylightmyfire

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2010
London
Try a biscuit barrel or one of those old fashioned savings boxes that they sell in the £ stores. They've got a wider diameter and might fit your needs.

yes Asda do or did a perfect drainer but its only sporadically stocked unfortunately

its 125mm ( 5 " ) so slots on exactly

Dsc_3822.jpg

Hobo2.jpg

Hobo4.jpg

hoboBAn4.jpg

I keep trying to get some 5" stainless Flue pipe but its costly to buy new

ATB

Duncan

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
ASDA had the cuttlery drainers in 2 weeks ago on offer, along with the 3 piece tea/coffee/sugar pots also in stainless all good stove material but the pots have a plastic lid insert..

She could tell what I was thinking when I picked them up but said if I got them something else would have to go!

I thought 'her' for a while and then just shuffled along behind ala Kevin & Perry.
Some days it's not worth the fight

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
thanx for the heads up chaps I will check out asda today ;)
@Vandeen I know the feeling mate my wife has started to crush cans and tins so I dont turn them into stoves or billy cans, gonna sneak off to asda today to feed my adiction ;) lol

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Have a look at this too, might do the trick and you get to chose your own hole sizes
Catalogue number: 142-6398

http://direct.asda.com/Simplehuman-Table-Top-Bin/001426398,default,pd.html

12.7CM Dia not sure about the clearance hole at the top as the lid may screw on or the bottom though as the pics dont show if it's plastic or not.

Called the "Simplehuman Table Top Bin" if my linky doesnt work

Think these were the canisters I saw as well but don't remember the fluted sides
Catalogue number: 141-5275

http://direct.asda.com/ASDA-Canisters/001415275,default,pd.html

Cheers

Vandeen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE