Yuk!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Anyone tried the new Walker's crisps?

I've tried the Onion Badji - not too bad, I'm not even going to look at the chocolate and chilli.
But I've just had a packet of Builder's Breakfast flavour about an hour ago and the taste of cold fried egg is still with me despite three cups of tea to try and wash it away. Yuk!

Eric

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao: I don't even remember what egg tastes like, I just know I never liked them, the thought of it cold fried :yuck:

HWMBLT tried the chocolate and chilli though, said it was surprisingly good.

atb,
M

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Another vote for the choc and chilli,
havent tried the others though (and no intention to either)

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i've tried them all but the chilli and chocolate, which is the only one i really wanted to try. i've never met a chilli/chocolate anything i didn't like.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Onion Bhaji are my favourite out the lot. Followed by the Chili Chocolate. Not a big fan of the Builder's Breakfast, but they're better than Fish and Chips. They're just a pack of stank...I've yet to hear of anyone that likes them, although I'm sure people will put me straight on that now! Smokey Bacon are still at the top of my list.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:rolleyes:
cool, a serious thread!:lmao:

I have tried the Chocolate and Chilli, to me you couldn't taste the chocolate apart from a tiny whiff as they went in, I was a bit disappointed really. i was thinking you might actually be able to see "choc chips" in the crisps or something still nice though.

talking about weird flavored crisps, don't go near the beetroot crisps!
100% beetroot (not even oil or salt for flavor) a no no!

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
Talking of crisps, the supermarkets by me are starting to sell a few novell flavours; up to now we had ready salted, paprika or provencale(chicken). All of them a bit tame, to be honest. Now they sell wasabi flavour. A wasabi is a Japanese horseradish (pronounced "hoesladice", I believe). Anyway, they are sharp. Not hot, but they provoke an interesting sensation in the nose. If you've got a cold they're just the thing to unblock your nose.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
What flavours in the 'british' category would you all go for then? I'd like to see Arboath Smokey or mince and tatties. on a bushcrafty tip I'd maybe expect rabbit stew with ransom salad...

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Cajun Squirrel are my favourite :D I like Chilli and Chocolate too though! The room stank for hours after the fish and chips ones though, and I couldn't finish the bag.

Pete

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What flavours in the 'british' category would you all go for then? I'd like to see Arboath Smokey or mince and tatties. on a bushcrafty tip I'd maybe expect rabbit stew with ransom salad...

Cockaleekie, Pea and Ham, Black pudding and HP sauce, salted butter.

:D

cheers,
Toddy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a packet of the chocolate chilli a few weeks ago and thought they were okay, somebody at work opened a pack of the builders breakfast today and couldn't give them away, minging. Like you said Eric I couldn't get rid of the taste for ages.

Can't beat a packet of Seabrooks s&v

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
any one tasted the cajun squirrel yet might just catch on in thw world of bushcraft

regards, jordan

They're just cajun, no hint of squirrel in there at all. Most disappointed.

Not tried any of the others, Walkers should have done a mixed bag of them rather than all the same flavour in a bag.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not tried any of the others, Walkers should have done a mixed bag of them rather than all the same flavour in a bag.

That would be like eating a bag of Revels with the eggy brekky ones having the same disapointing effect as the coffee one.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I did mean individual packets of crisps in one of the multi-packs, but crisp roulette ... could catch on

We play roulette in the canteen at work everyday, Friday is best as they usually put a curry on. You're never quite sure whether it's beef, pork, alsatian, or just some random cut of road kill they've scraped up on the way in that morning.
Needless to say the chippy down the road is quite busy on a Friday.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Charlie Brooker did quite an amusing column on the subject recently (I won't link to it, I think it may not be "familiy-friendly"). My particular favourites are his descriptions of Cajun Squirrel ("They taste precisely like a tiny cat piping hot farts through a pot-pourri pouch into your mouth.") and Chili and Chocolate ("A boring lunatic with halitosis explains the smell of charred wood to your tastebuds.") As for the Builder's Breakfast - "the crisps themselves taste of stale fried egg and little else. It captures the feeling of sitting in a greasy spoon, being dumped via text while your food repeats on you."

Man, I love Charlie Brooker. He makes me feel marginally less cynical and misanthropic. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE