Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
My Staffordshire is an old lady now so I have her training the young dogs (boxer cross mastiffs)
I have never seen the breed you own , she looks similar to a Staffordshire though obviously not one .
And she is a beauty .

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
20130708_203447_RichtoneHDR_zpsb49d5c18.jpg

Glenasmole Valley, Dublin. A little bit of heaven, especially on a calm summers evening.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thank you! She's getting old now (10,5 yrs) and she's more sensitive to cold now, even in the summer. Or....the season that is supposed to be summer. Now she has her own summer sleepingbag ;-)

Interesting. We're taught to watch out for heat stress (heat stroke or heat exhaustion) in dogs of this type.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
My Staffordshire is an old lady now so I have her training the young dogs (boxer cross mastiffs)
I have never seen the breed you own , she looks similar to a Staffordshire though obviously not one .
And she is a beauty .

Sorry! I didn't see this one until now.
She is an american staffordshire terrier (amstaff). One of the few left in Norway these days.
Unless you have a "staffbull", I think we have the same breed :)

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Interesting. We're taught to watch out for heat stress (heat stroke or heat exhaustion) in dogs of this type.

Oh? Is that so? Well, heat is a rare problem in Norway :umbrella:
It's almost a phenomenon if we have several days with high temperatures...

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I'm not sure which is my real picture of the day. This one of the spiderlings in the sedums on my green roof:

100713greenroof_zps946d7d48.jpg

Or this one of the view from our picnic last night...

100713_zps3ebf0c09.jpg

At this rate those baby spiders will get huge in no time. :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Oh? Is that so? Well, heat is a rare problem in Norway :umbrella:
It's almost a phenomenon if we have several days with high temperatures...

I suppose it depends on what you define as warm weather. For a short nosed breed (I believe the term is "brachiophylic) temps as low as 60f (15.6c) can be warm enough to induce fatal heat stress.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE