Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
So proud!

20121111_105939.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
From Wednesday evening, in the rain, at a local nature reserve. First time I've seen otter there. This chap was eating and quite happy to have me and a friend watching him.

8293764529_86bf708f0f_b.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I'd just said to my mate "Well, this weather is rubbish. There's nothing to see except those two swans. Wait, there's something brown just come up over there..."

:D It made my day.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Went out to Watermead Park, Leicester this afternoon - to the nature reserve. Never seen so many teasels in one place before. Here is a close-up shot of one

P1010975%20contrasted.JPG

?anybody know if this is the 'seed' state - wouldn't mind having a few in the garden. I tried breaking one open but wasn't sure if the contents were acual seeds or just the husks

Dec 14, 2012
Bristol
about.me
From a bit of research I'm pretty sure this is the seed state, if you look into the chambers of the head you should be able to see the seeds at the base.
You shouldn't have to remove the heads to get the seeds - a tap against the inside of a container/seed bag should garner you a few seeds. :)

Mel
xxx

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE