Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I was sorting out a few of my photos. Here are a few I liked.

A bird in the garden:

These were taken at my local park:

Looks like someone used this as a wind stopper:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
That's really nice :cool:

Harvestman, that's a great photo. The water droplet on the wing, the play of light on the eye and hind leg and the reflections in the droplet on the top right. All this with a beautifully focused and composed shot. Nice.

GB.

Thank you both. it was more by luck than judgement though.

Very sharp and cool, what camera and lens was used?

Canon EOS 1100D with a Tamron 70-300mm telemacro. Gosh, that sounds like I know what I'm talking about.

What interested me was that the bee was licking the leaf surface. It wasn't drinking from droplets.

Here's one showing what I mean
8883131797_a80366f5bf_b.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I was in an ancient Oak forest this morning absolutely carpeted in blue bells. Their sweet smell was overpowering.

IMG_0683_zps5d1d8a87.jpg

IMG_0664_zps2a5fa044.jpg

IMG_0682_zps3f206ccf.jpg

IMG_0674_zpse79b4e9f.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It's funny Harvestman, I hate spiders (sorry) and ticks even more, but I kind of like those spiders (Orb Spiders?) In the woods they used to make the most beautiful webs, often anchored off to trees 10's of meters apart. And so strong they'd feel like a trip wire if you didn't notice them and walked through. I just think they are such an elegant creature compared to the evil hunched up sneaky ones else where. (I actually like jumping spiders too)
Great picture as ever.
GB.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Orb spiders are artistic :cool:. They also have the advantage that they stay still to be photographed, although this one was bouncing about due to wind on the web.

Jumping spiders are beautiful, and will respond nicely to a mirror if you want to photograph them, but one thing they don't do much is stay still!

If you get a close look at some of those 'evil hunched up sneaky ones' some time, they turn out to be pretty too. Honest :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE