Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
a rather massive moth found in the toilets at the family camping trip.a really beatifull thing.anybody any idea what it is ?

5284e80f-0671-e524.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
a rather massive moth found in the toilets at the family camping trip.a really beatifull thing.anybody any idea what it is ?

5284e80f-0671-e524.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Poplar hawk moth. The strange way of holding the wings, with the hindwings forwards, is distinctive. Lots of them about at the moment, but they are big and spectacular, and just great things. Lovely big pic too.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
had a great day at tynemouth vw classic car rally, this is n't bushcrafty but would love to own a campervan one day :)
just one of 100's of shots i took today

thebestone.jpg

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
that owl photo is stunning an amazing looking bird.hope you had a good day harvestman

It was a brilliant day, possibly the highlight of a brilliant week.
Flew 4 birds: the Barn owl (Olivia, pictured), a Harris Hawk called Hope who seemed to like sitting on my hat and being carried rather than flying, a Lanner falcon called midge who nearly took my head off in a steep dive, and a peregrine crossbreed who nearly took my foot off. All gorgeous birds.

Oh, and the falconer was pretty tasty too :naughty:

Last edited:

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
On her website.

I can thoroughly recommend the falconry experience day. Cheaper than many, very personal and individually tailored (no 'corporate, just another paying customer' sensation at all), was really accommodating of my wife having arthritis which limits her ability to walk far or hold heavy birds, and we were expecting just 4 birds, and we actually got to fly/hold 4. Great day.

No affiliation other than being a very happy customer.

aaaaand, back to the pictures...

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
A couple of Brownies from a fly fishing trip about 4 weeks ago. [Just downloaded piccies from camera] Caught on a DHE, which I tied with green antron to mimic rhyacophila.

P6261830_02.jpg

This one was caught using a friends brand new rod while he was having a brew on the bank. I reminded him for the rest of the day that I had christened his lovely new rod. :)

P6261835_01.jpg

Enjoyable day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE