Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
60587ef9d49e4b97b7ac8d49b031577c_zps1266e629.jpg

Whooper swans while I was out for a walk yesterday
Andrew

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Most of Hungary is very flat, when its windy and cold, it is really windy and cold. :)

cold_windy.png

What you are seeing is icicles that were hanging vertically that are now horizontal because of a slight thaw that allowed the snow on the terrace roof to slide down very slightly forming the curve you see.

Last edited:

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
I'm trying to figure out if I can post photos from dropbox or not. I've got a photo of the typical past few weeks weather

edit ahah! it seems I can! (I hope)
re-edit: oh, nope, I can't, back to photobucket then
P1040787_zps8bf422ef.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I'm trying to figure out if I can post photos from dropbox or not. I've got a photo of the typical past few weeks weather

edit ahah! it seems I can! (I hope)
P1040786.JPG

Yes you can.

Right click on the photo while it is in your dropbox and one of the options is to 'Copy the Public Link'.

Paste the link (Ctrl V) into the post and add
after the pasted link and bob is your uncle.

:)

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Ought not to mention that you really need a license to do that (assuming it is a dormouse, as it looks like), but I won't tell if you won't, especially since it is such a good picture, and even more so because I'm deeply jealous and would have done the same. :cool:

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Ought not to mention that you really need a license to do that (assuming it is a dormouse, as it looks like), but I won't tell if you won't, especially since it is such a good picture, and even more so because I'm deeply jealous and would have done the same. :cool:

Yes it is a Dormouse & yes a licence is required. However it was all legal :deal:with a happy ending. ( To my relief as it was just a judgment call) It started when I saw a mouse.

Sam (in the chainsaw trousers) was told not to move so we could take photos. Waste of time as the mouse happily posed for ages.

http://s952.photobucket.com/user/MikeBlue/library/Doormouse?sort=2&page=1 for 50 + photos

An attept by the warden & myself to move it to a safe suitable area was a total failure as it just jumped on me. (Que lots more photos) we them wandered around trying to find so cover for it to no avail.

The mouse was in the wrong habitat & awake when it should be hibernating. Also look small & not very fat to our rather inexperienced eyes. We managed to persuade it into a welding glove & sealed it in with gaffer tape (another new use of gaffer tape)

Them I drove it to Wildwood a few miles away. as they have a licence etc. One of their experts (Hazel) checked her.( After cutting up my glove to get her out)

Female small from a late litter last year ( slightly grey colour apparently) also under weight for January. Very unlikely to survive until spring.

Last photos are the mouse getting weighed on a bag ( & unhappy about it ) Looks much happier in Hazels Licensed hands. As they didn't have a mouse from that area in their captive breeding program, they will keep here with a view of releasing the offspring.

A little bit of paperwork to cover everyone legally. & she is joining about 30 other dormice at Wildwood.

Almost every time the right thing is the leave alone. This time small underweight in January in a destroyed habitat with a licensed rescue centre close by, there was another option.

Good day in the woods. Foe some reason not as much work was done as usual :rolleyes:

Mike

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
Yes you can.

Right click on the photo while it is in your dropbox and one of the options is to 'Copy the Public Link'.

Paste the link (Ctrl V) into the post and add
after the pasted link and bob is your uncle.

:)

the thing is, I can see the image, so I thought everyone could. I can't do it with dropbox, I've gone back to photobucket

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE