Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris o

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2014
Renfrewshire
I had a stroll around Newport Wetlands RSPB reserve last week. I had the dog with me so was restricted to the perimeter loop which is about 4 miles or so. I was exactly half way around before the sky turned this colour...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/Sick010/022714_zpsd333ce27.
It looked great with the sun on the reed beds and dark skies beyond and even better that I got back to the car before the rain started :cool:[/QUOTE]
That's fantastic Dave. I love the contrast.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
From today, found under a bit of corrugated iron. A bank vole, who wasn't too pleased to see me.

13037999294_e727159de4_b.jpg

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Wow, way to spoil a good picture. I hate that sort of casual rubbish tipping.

Was not content to merely record the scene and walk on by so have spent this afternoon shifting it and a whole heap of other junk to a vehicle access point (pic) and John Mitchell of the Woodland Trust has arranged to get it disposed of on Wednesday this week. There's a helluva lot more scrap lurking in the undergrowth partially buried there but will re-post the shot when I'm done.

Anyhow, all graft and no play makes for a dull bushcraft day and being bloody knackered I needed a sit down.
It may not be pretty but was surprisingly comfy, I could of quite happily laid back & dozed off on it.

chair-1.jpg

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Was not content to merely record the scene and walk on by so have spent this afternoon shifting it and a whole heap of other junk to a vehicle access point (pic) and John Mitchell of the Woodland Trust has arranged to get it disposed of on Wednesday this week.

Good job, well done :cool: Did you get permission or anything first? I wanted to clear a big pile of bricks from near a car park in the Forest of Dean but my missus pointed out if I was caught loading them into the landy no one would believe I wasn't actually tipping them and trying to cover it. She may have a point...

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Good job, well done :cool: Did you get permission or anything first? I wanted to clear a big pile of bricks from near a car park in the Forest of Dean but my missus pointed out if I was caught loading them into the landy no one would believe I wasn't actually tipping them and trying to cover it. She may have a point...

Beware of moving fly tipping as it is illegal even for the land owner. You are required by law to inform the police so they can check for evidence of crime. Then you need to pay the council to remove it.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Yes, I'd initially contacted the Woodland Trust who own the site about some fire damaged tarps I found up there. Their wardens/rangers & volunteers are stretched a bit thin so were really pleased with my offer to bag up any rubbish I find and put it near one of the access points. Don't think they expected me to find quite so much in just five days bearing in mind I'm only up there 2 to 3 hours a day walking the dog.

Thanks Brancho for the heads up on that legal nugget I'll ask them about that. Originally the site was a quarry so they may know if some form of waste management licence was issued.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Lovely spider Alf. Larinioides cornutus female. She looks a bit unimpressed with the weather.

Thanks for the info Michael

Thanks Brancho for the heads up on that legal nugget I'll ask them about that. Originally the site was a quarry so they may know if some form of waste management licence was issued.

No worries I doubt the law has changed but when I managed our Scout hut thats what I was informed was the case. Old stuff and odd discarded items you are unlikely have to worry about though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE