Your most usefull bit of kit??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Wife.

Bloody pricey purchase, running costs are high and the wear and tear is staring to show alittle....

but she put's up with me and keeps me balanced.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I think string or cordage of some kind is always good. I can make a bit from nettles and I've managed a withy a couple of times, but theres nothing like having a bit of good cord to hand when you need it.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
After all my basic sleeping and food needs are met my most cherished piece of kit is a small shortwave radio receiver. I use a Sony ICF-SW7600GR, yes it's a luxury but shut up in a bivvi bag or tent on a crap night, for entertainment value it's priceless.
Interesting and exotic stations from all over the world come in loud and clear when you are away from domestic and urban electrical interference.
Happy trails...torc.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
For me it is my Boots.

Surprised no one has mentioned them, after all they have to be the most used bit of kit anyone who wears them has.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
This is a tough one...... My leatherman certainly has been on lots of trip and performed hundreds of tasks.

but then I do love my Exped down mat!!

Ill have to think on this one.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
You might think I am mad but after all the very basics are covered I find a hankie/bandana is a useful thing to have on me
I suppose in its most basic form its a decent sized piece of light cloth-multi purpose but I keep burning holes in them using them to insulate my hand from heat sources

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
having just finished a bushcraft weekend at proadventure and spending a tidy sum on a gransfor axe i would say a folding saw i havent bought yet amazing tool and seems to replace the need for an axe so long as you split wood with your knife still you live and learn and well in future i reckon ill have one instead of axe however axes look so cool

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
Creative Zen M MP3 player. I have it loaded with a pile of audio books and it helps to make things more relaxing. Especially good if it's pissing with rain and I'm stuck under my tarp.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
my brain :::eek:o))

Quite understand and appreciate the value of knowledge, carry less by knowing more etc. However, the reason I love bushcraft is because I can - if I choose - leave my brain safe in its jar at home. The chance to get out for even just a night where life is reduced to fire, shelter, water, food, and I can forget about mortgages/emails/bosses/DIY/alarms/traffic/politicians etc is the reason I love going into the woods in the first place...

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I think my Trangia. Very easy to use. Nothing easy to break. Very reliable. I use it all the time, fishing, walking in the countryside etc. I've got the 27-2 . Love it.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
The way things are going it is looking more and more like a decent pair of glasses.:(

Only hand-carved Woodlore frames will do though!:cool:

Cheers

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
i love ma honey stove , it's always with me when i'm oot walking, u can stop anywhere
as long as there's some wood, set it up and have a brew. great piece of kit
honeystove003.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE