Your best poundland bargain.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Whilst we all know that poundland sell a vast amount of tat that you certainly would not want to risk your life on, a few years ago I bought a poundland Silva lookalike compass.

Do you know what, not only does it actually point north (which is rather rare amongst cheap compasses) the liquid damping has not developed a bubble.

The only fault with it is that it comes apart too easily with a bit of pressure.

Anyone else have a piece of poundland kit that has actually stood the test of time?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I got a couple of SS Mugs, about the size of a 10cm zebra billy can.
knocked up lids and photon stoves for them, voila! lightweight brew kit.

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
A few months ago I bought 60 feet (I think) of nylon washing line for 99p. It's very strong, plenty strong enough for pitching a tarp or as guy-lines etc. Also bought 30feet of nylon rope, made from 3 sealed strands so if I wanted to, I could make 3x30 feet of cordage from it again 99p. Six balls of hemp twine, you've guessed it, 99p. Small blue tarp with eyelets, ideal for outside a tent or on the ground at a hammock. Last item I bought there was a 'smokers kit' comprising a tobacco tin (like an Altoid tin) a Bic-type lighter and a packet of scented cigarette papers(!), which I think will make nice (sweet-smelling!) tinder, another 99p well spent.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Bought a couple of those little enamel 'tiffin' bowels and tin-mug last July all still holding up well so far and
had one of the dynamo hand torches for some time.. at least three years that's still being used.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE