You people make me sick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
you jealous of my mad skills bra?

DSCF1655.jpg

DSCF1607.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

FS1.jpg

WB1.jpg

P1.jpg

haha! I had to show these beauts! ;) chin up though mate, we aren't all pro's. Have a good time with what you can do and never be affriad to try something and learn!

udamiano

On a new journey
I must say that all my attempts of carving, are based more on function than design. My last spoon was a typical case in point, it was designed to move the largest amount of food from my plate to my mouth without causing major trauma, it did this close enough. It was however not something that should be seen in daylight, in fact I believe the UN actually passed a resolution banning any of my attempts at carving being publicly displayed for fear of mass panic. So when I see those examples that members post, I often think 'Thats a bl**dy job that, I bet they had real fun making that' This of course leads me to go and get another piece of wood from outside, and inflict hours of torture warping its natural beauty into something hideous, while happily humming some mindless thing I heard on the radio, safe in the knowledge that when presented to the Boss, she will smile and say thats nice, while thinking how she can not use it as a sugar mover (spoon often has a particular shape that defines it as such), and if her friend come around where she can possible hide such abstract combination of shear determination combined with an almost inhuman lack of anything remotely involving such things as planning, aesthetics, form and grace. I don't mind though, i get a pat on the head, a cup of tea, and a "nice try" before happily shuffling off to plan my next diabolical plan, involving the creation of such terrors as a coffee table, or spatular.

keep up the good work, all of you. I for one enjoy seeing your creations

goodjob

Da

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
There are no flops or failures, only lessons learned in the pathway to perfecting something that interests you. Everything you personally craft has a bit of 'you' in what you create.

Again, I agree that is a lovely way to put it and echos how I feel.

The very first object I ever made from green wood was a simple mallet with a handle loosely shaped on a shaving horse. Pretty much every day I pick it up and turn it over in my hands, looking at the grain and the patina and remembering everything about the day I made it.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
I don't mind though, i get a pat on the head, a cup of tea, and a "nice try" before happily shuffling off to plan my next diabolical plan, involving the creation of such terrors as a coffee table, or spatular.

keep up the good work, all of you. I for one enjoy seeing your creations

Loved that little speech, and for the love of god I will try to keep you entertained once I get myself some time again (darned deadlines, why do people come up with those thing) That was a great uplifter Damian.
Gotta get meself whittling again.
Yours sincerely Ruud

udamiano

On a new journey
Loved that little speech, and for the love of god I will try to keep you entertained once I get myself some time again (darned deadlines, why do people come up with those thing) That was a great uplifter Damian.
Gotta get meself whittling again.
Yours sincerely Ruud

Always remember, the pleasure you had from making something, it doesn't matter if its a work of art or a complete monster. just remember the tongue stuck out at the site of the mouth, the laborious measuring and working out. but most of all remember how much fun you had, while making it. And thats why you'll do it again and again. Who care if it's a beast, its your beast. there will always be critics; the best thing is you get to comment on their work in the future, and if they don't produce, why; was their critic really worth much in the end, I think not.

Do it, enjoy it, and to hell, opinions are like a**e holes, every on has one.

I for one look forward to your next submission.

Da

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE