You know it's time for a clearout when...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
... you can't find the 3 GB axes you put in your workshop/shed last weekend :(

My GB mini, SFA and ScFA are AWOL, and I know I put them in my workshop only a few days ago.

On the plus side, after much swearing and rummaging, I found 3 bars of Damascus steel that I forged last year and put away (read forgot about), and there were twenty-odd knife blades in various stages of completion that I'd forgotten to remember to not forget about :rolleyes: and then I found this wee toothpick:

bowie-1.jpg

and while I was remembering that I'd originally intended to make a forged iron guard and furnish this one out as a hidden tang mountain man style Bowie, I stumbled across this, slightly less wee toothpick:

bowie-2.jpg

And there were half a dozen bamboo backed Ipe or Lemonwood reflex deflex longbows glued up and a couple of Yew self longbows roughed out and waiting to be tillered, and a 30 year old SAS jungle shirt that had fallen into one corner, and, and ...

... and then I sat down and gave myself a good talking to :nono:

It's no good - I have to face facts - I have to clear my workshop out :yikes:

And I've still not found my GB axes :(

This is going to be a bad weekend...

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
Hah !

Victory to the free !

Just checked the boot of the car and ...

... found the GB axes already wrapped in a Paramo jacket in anticipation of a trip.

Maybe this weekend won't be so bad after all...

:D

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
YAY!!!!

always good when you find summat,...

why not celebrate by gifting the two bowies,..?...

one for Kev and one for me!!!!

hahahahahaha giving feels good dude......

seriously tho,...they look magnificent even at this stage,....where would you source the steel for summat that size?

cheers

Stu

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
YAY!!!!

always good when you find summat,...

why not celebrate by gifting the two bowies,..?...

one for Kev and one for me!!!!

hahahahahaha giving feels good dude......

seriously tho,...they look magnificent even at this stage,....where would you source the steel for summat that size?

cheers

Stu

I forge it down from round bar. It's very, very hard work.

Much too hard to give them away...

:)

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
We'll see - they may sit in a loooooooooong queue of WIP stuff before I get the chance to finish them out.

I still can't believe I spent ages searching for what I'd already put in the car. Perhaps it's time for a serious word with myself...

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE