You Know It's A Bit Nippy When........................

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
.....the local wildlife gets into the car and sits on the heater vents to warm up.

I took this photo of the Robin this morning when i was up at the lakes doing some work, i was putting some tools back in the car, when i saw a Robin sitting on the dashboard warming up on the heater vent, i knew it was a bit parky up there today at -2C, but when the wildlife comes in from the cold, you know it's a bit nippy.

Robin.jpg

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
It was a good day for watching the Robins today, even when i opened all the doors to let this little chap out, he still didnt want to go out in the cold, cant say that i blame him really.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
A bird with good sense. Must admit I find I'm starting to appreciate the landy heaters at the moment.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Aye, its works though. Its only five years old and things kind of work on it quite well, until they break :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice one Mark. Lovely stuff :)

I have a pic somewhere from when i was in the lakes in the snow (camping for a week) and while we were walking to hawkeshead we stopped for a brew, and a robin came in and sat on my shoulder, so i gave it a biscuit fruit from a rat pack and it sat there next to the hexi stove for about 20 mins munching it. it was quite happy for us to be sat 6" away from it. :) Lake district robins seem very used to people it would seem. Not surprising though.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Brilliant photo Mark. I have a picture somewhere of the angriest bird I have ever seen - it was a fledgling Robin :)

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Your taxidermy work is coming on really well mate!:lmao:
Joking aside, cracking shot!
When was the last time you had a bird in your car?:p

RM

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
get rid of that car kepis,i know from first hand that a robin int house is an omen of a death int family,we have had 3 in the house and 3 deaths within just a few days,i cant thik a robin in a car is a good thing either mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE