Yorkshire.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
EdS said:
Anybody fancy a Yorkshire meet?

I'd be up for it, or a more general "North of Watford, South of the Borders" sort of meet.

We shouldn't let the Ashdown lot hog the limelight :p

Err, can we avoid Ashdown weekends if poss, though, 'cos I plan on getting at least a couple in.

Jim.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Let me think...

YES YES YES

I'm happy to give any help I can. I'm not sure of any sites in yorkshire but there is a big scout camp site in sherwood forest that we could use at a push

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Hopefully I can get back in the summer, so I will keep an eye on this thread to see how it evolves. It would be great to finally meet you guys, I have mental images of what some of you look like, it will probably be totally wrong!!

Sherwood would be great, I think it is a pretty good location for oop north, and easily reachable by most. Hopefully it will become regular if it works out.

Spamel

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
any more thoughts on this one

I know it's not Yorkshire but there is a scout campsite in sherwood forest. It may be possible to set up a standard event there. We could make it every two-three months

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Andy said:
any more thoughts on this one

I know it's not Yorkshire but there is a scout campsite in sherwood forest. It may be possible to set up a standard event there. We could make it every two-three months

How about Helsey Woods Scout Camp, near Barnsley?
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....le=&ovtype=&zm=0&out.x=5&out.y=11&scale=10000

Or Loxley Common?
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....m=0&scale=50000&multimap.x=424&multimap.y=143

Take a look here:
http://www.asgc.org.uk/ne.html

Keith.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
It's illigal to camp on Loxey common. It also has a lot of dog walkers, on the plus side I could go home to use the loo. :)

I forgot about helsey woods though. It might be a good option I'm not sure how much space they have for bushcraft pitching. It's where I had the test for the outdoor pursuits course I did in St Johns.

I may phone them up

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
campsite at sherwood is walesby campsite 250 acres of land will occupy us but no ground fire (peat under foot) all fires have to be on alters, also pete w is warden at a campsite north notts 8 acres wink wink

fungy

Jun 15, 2005
york
not sure of the legalities but dalby forest and surrounding areas are a great place. from moorland to forest to coastline (which is accsessable by car within 20mins). OS map OL27(north yorkshire moors eastern) :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE