Yorkshire Wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Hello all, i noticed from my previous thread that there are a lot of Yorkshire folk like myself on here. Can any of you recommend any decent wooded ares where I will be able to pick up some wood for walking sticks? Ideal heavy on Ash or Hazel, the pickings are slim at post hill near me and it's busy down there. Middleton Woods seemed promising but it was so busy when i was there with the dog I might as well have been on Briggate. Wood like to find some decent woods for walking in, i'm working on my tree identification too so if you know any nice quiet woodland i would greatly appreciate any tips. Thanks chaps.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Bishop's Wood near Selby (Just outside of Thorpe Willoughby), nice bit of varied woodland. Bit ticky this time of year though.

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Thanks for that, just google earthed it. Think i'll have a trip out tomorrow afternoon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE