Yorkshire Meet site photos and dates (PIC heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Went for a bimble over to the site today and took some piccies to show you what`s there.

Everything looks a bit bare at the moment but you get the idea.

Also, a few dates to think about for now

Saturday 23rd February - There is stuff going on during the day but an evening meet (17:00) could be good

Saturday 1st March - nothing going on this week

Saturday 15th March - Evening meet again

Saturday 22nd March - nothing going on again

Saturday 5th April - nothing on again but a bit close to SWMBOs birthday

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

How about a sing song or a game of charades ??

DSC00500.jpg

http://www.blackhillscampsite.org.uk/about.htm

Thanks for looking and sorry for throttling your processor

Rich

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Looks nice :)

Not sure if it's just me, but I seem to have a filter in my brain now that starts working out distances between trees to see if I can stick a hammock there.. :D

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
:lmao: :lmao: I did the same :D

Heeheehee - yup, it becomes like a reflex action. Take any view of trees and try NOT to do it - once you've become a hammocker, it's impossible - even if there are only two trees for miles in any direction, you'll still find yourself trying to figure out if you've got enough tape to sling your hammock. Though I've not yet become a sufficiently advanced hammocker to consider a set up like this ...

camp2.jpg

:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I might be having a sneaky night out this Saturday if anyone fancies it ??

Not 100% yet more like 80%

Early rise though to get to Wharncliffe for a bimble.

Rich

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
I'm up for that.

The wife is on nights over the weekend so If I'm at home I would have to play quietly during the day. :)

Early start is no probs.

Stu

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Wow, look at all that woodland! That is pretty impressive by UK standards! Is there access to it all from the scout camp? And is there a full range of species or just a few? It looks cracking!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There`s plenty of variety in there Spam and it`s all accessible from the camp site. As you look at the google satellite map, the top side next to the golf course is mostly a pine plantation but all the interesting stuff is up near the camp site.

Rich

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
How does it fare for shrooms and wild foods later in the year? And are there dreaded dog owners traipsing through all the time, allowing their animals to spoil the pace?

So many questions!

:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The actual campsite is fenced off so there no doggy doings all over the place and the rest of the estate is remarkably tidy to be honest. Plenty of shrooms in Autumn and other edibles. The slither of woods to the left leading to Cullingworth is where I grew up and knocked about as kid, there`s also plenty of good stuff in there too. Beyond the caravan park is where I go to watch the badgers and deer so there`s loads about.

Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE