Yomp In The New Forest

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Chester is awesome. I don't trust anybody who doesn't like, and even more importantly isn't liked by, a dog. They know.

I like seeing the names you all have for places. :)

Too bad about the limited access you have for just getting out. It is often that way here the closer you are to population centers.

Rather than putting up tarps etc., a simp!e folded-over tarp (I've done it for years and call it a burrito :) ) is unobtrusive and easily passed over by many not looking for it. Could that work in any of these cases?
 
I took my Kelly Kettle out into the forest this weekend, so the kids could have a mug of hot chocolate. Found a nice spot along a stream to settle down and light the kettle. It was down the worst muddy track we have experienced in some time....and we don't shy away from muddy routes. It was sheltered and well wooded (but no understory). It was getting late and threatening rain. I didn't think we would be disturbed, especially given the state of the path. It really was a wade rather than a walk!

Would you believe it, about two minutes after we lit the kettle, two ramblers pitched up and starting asking questions about what we were doing. They were nice enough but they had caught us bang to rights. We played it dumb and, after a while, they continued with their walk. A couple more minutes and the kettle had boiled and the kids were drinking hot chocolate. 10 minutes later and we were gone.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE